KTM street bikes

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I see alot overseas but I have yet to see one here ?
Check this one out. 170bhp. 1190 RC8 R - Superbike - Models - Models & Accessories - KTM.com - Ready to Race

2009-KTM-RC8R-1.jpg

I've seen one or two on the Dragon. I don't know much about them, but they're some of the best looking bikes around.

After the Busa the RC8 would be my second choice.

cheers
ken

Last edited:
The RC8 is a very cool bike. One of our reps had one on loan from KTM for a short time and brought it to the dealership for us to check out. I'm kind of jealous that we aren't a KTM dealer

Trash !!!! They always come last in the superbike shootout tests and thats outta 7 or 8 other bikes.

I would love to own one. The carbon fiber one is super sweet! It would fit in very well with the 4 ktm offroader's in the garage.

Awesome bikes, love the super duke, the rc8 is one o my favorite bikes,

Lovin the aprillia rsv4 too, factory launch control, so sweet.

The new duc devil is bad ass too.

Lovin the new bikes the exotics are puttin out

I talked to a guy in Shady Valley on one, sweet bike. He passed me in the twisties like I was sitting still.

Rode the 2010 model at MSR Cresson here in Texas. Wish I got more time on the thing it was a pretty interesting ride, but the throttle has a harsh opening. I learned how to open a throttle on a Hayabusa for god's sake and this thing jumped forward far more violently than any misfire I had done on Tem or Zero. There was so little play in my gear shift lever that I could never properly tell if I had gone up a gear or not, had to shift to neutral in a couple of straights to make sure I was on the right gear for a turn. The seat is comfortable if you're in a full on aggressive riding position, but sitting up puts your inner thighs on the hard edges of the seat which usually causes instantaneous discomfort. That being said I thought it cornered really well (as long as you don't chop the throttle too low going in, otherwise that back wheel is going to spin way too fast to keep your lean angle when you try to put the power back on.) Despite my qualms I actually liked the bike a lot. Good handling, nice balance, the vibration from the v-twin is kinda shocking at first but once you're riding that aspect really turns your senses up a notch and makes it an advantage rather than a distraction. The power in this bike is great, and I would really like to have one for track days. The 2011 model has a new double sparkplug per cylinder design that is supposed to solve the oversensitive throttle situation, and since my trackday at Mid-Ohio got rained out I'm going to get to go back up to the track in April and try out the new 2011 model. I can post some pictures from my run at Cresson later.

Here we go, I'm still learning how to ride on track but here are the pics of my ride.
Photos were taken by Hart Photography, touch ups done by me.

IMG_10624.jpg

IMG_10455.jpg

IMG_10622.jpg

IMG_10453.jpg

IMG_10623.jpg

IMG_10525.jpg

IMG_10393.jpg

IMG_10395.jpg

Back