Kinda Techy, Blingy, but bored as....

Mr Droo

Registered
I received a gift card from Best Buy from my sister for Christmas. As I was browsing the store as I've been known to do. I found at the bottom of a shelf surrounded by over-priced TV's and portable DVD players, a 7" HD LCD TV. To my amazement, it was on sale for $69.99. "Sure, I'm bored enough to try. I mean, I already have a 7" GPS mounted. Why not shoot for two?" They clear the tank by more than my hand... at full chock. SO..... Am I lame? It feels more sturdy than before (more than the GPS by itself, and I've been far into the triples with that!). It seems to have balanced out than having the GPS alone. I'm not sure AT ALL if I'm going to keep the TV. No, I won't be watching movies (or pron) while riding. I have an obsession with technology and with modding the bike, so why wouldn't I add them together!

0105111935.jpg

0105112108.jpg

0105112109a.jpg

0105112123.jpg

0105112110.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, the first picture of the bracket I fabricated off of the techmount was an early prototype.

Looks like you mounted a nintendo ds to me... :D

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

That's just wrong.
Why not keeping your eyes on the road, the trees, the woman in the miniskirt that stopped by your side at the traffic light, the sky...
Let yourself go, man. Biking is leaving all that crap behind, it's all about live with all senses heighten.
with all that nonsense you'll just ruin riding (and watching TV...)
those (unnecessary?) gadgets will do nothing than drain YOUR energy and time.

I'm sure you can find somewhere else to go crazy with electronics.
Stay safe

Thanks Alexx... I ride 75% of my time alone without gps, music, or other distractions. I listen to music on trips when I'm by myself going longer than an hour on the superslab.

I DO enjoy looking around, feeling connected to the road, environment (fresh cut grass, food, and even farms), as well as finding that one awesome back road to make my day.

My senses are heightened... It's always been about having a place all to myself. A place where I was able to laugh, cry, scream, sing, or just stay quiet.... and no one would know. Heh, I put more miles on my bike last year than my car, and I live in Northeast Ohio! Last year was special, as my divorce (against my wishes) became final. My bike was my solace. My place to think.

As I originally posted, I love technology and was bored during winter. Unnecessary, yes. Nonsense, maybe. Crap? Surely not. Letting myself go? The above paragraph indicates there have been lots of thinking and emotional connections during my riding experiences, without using technology.

Most times, I don't notice attractive women while riding... but my GoPro HD doesn't! :laugh:

Nothing to this point has ruined my riding. I may look like a fool with the electronics on my bike, but I think it looks pretty slick. If anything, it may open a conversation with someone that would otherwise look the other way. "How did you wire that? How did you get that to fit? What hardware would I need to do something like that? Anything good on TV? Can you give me directions?"

The gps and tv are mounted on a techmount and are easily taken off. Less than 2 seconds. The wires are routed in such a way that they are hidden and out of the way after being disconnected. The gps and tv also easily fit under the hump, which means I don't have to carry them around.

Now if you can find a little room for a microwave - you know to pop popcorn while watching the tube:beerchug:

Kinda looks like another members bike, not sure who.....I think it was my05le (That's just a guess ?)

That's the great things about bikes..you do what YOU like, and I'm sure you'll meet some that like it & some that don't. Just like everything else in life.

There have been times that I wish I had a T.V. on my bike.

Forget the haters.. I think it looks GREAT.. I'm starting to learn to tinker and I too am facinated with technology and how I can do that. Hell, I am thinking on how to do a carputer on the bike.. WHY? Just because.. Not like I can use it and ride at the same time. My excuse will be.... So I can do office work (like I'm thinking about the office when I ride.. Hell, not even if I'm riding to the office.. haha) Keep up the cool builds as it'll help someone like me that doesn't have the fab experience be inspired to go to learn to do something new.. Hell, I'm proud that I have insalled a usb port for charging my phone on my bike and it works. (vs the stadard cigarrette lighter).

Back