Summer... What to wear

StwBusa

Banned
Hey Guys...

I know we are in the depths of Winter and I for one am not riding when its 34 Degrees out:lol:
But... Summer will be here soon enough and once again I am going to out riding and "suffering" from the 100 degree heat of Texas... So my question is... Whats the best way to stay cool.. I have a Mesh Jacket but man with the heat that the summer brings plus the heat the Busa makes it gets miserable out there... So I am thinking about how to improve the situation as I can ... How do you guys, that, like me live in an area where it gets way hot, stay cool???

Cannot wait till spring gets here.:beerchug:

Modular helmet, perforated leather jacket, with this underneath:
Fieldsheer Iceberg Cooling Vest
•300D nylon Oxford and taslan shell
•Front zipper closure
•Stretch panels on sides allow for best fit
•Evaporating cooling system uses polymers to absorb body heat and release it through external vest surface
•Works best with perforated leather or mesh jackets

0178.jpg

Plus a HELMET, of course (and 4 fingers each time) :poke:

I tried a version of this (the BANDANNA, not the model :) )when I was in IRAQ for 13 months.....it helped some
Cool Downz are bandannas filled with special crystals that when soaked in water will stay cool for days. Wear them around your head or neck and feel cooler for outdoor activities such as gardening, sports, or just walking the dog. Cool Downz crystals are air cooled by taking advantage of the evaporation process. It will feel like you have your own personal air conditioner.

View attachment 1544229

Last edited:
I tried a version of this (the BANDANNA, not the model :) )when I was in IRAQ for 13 months.....it helped some
Cool Downz are bandannas filled with special crystals that when soaked in water will stay cool for days. Wear them around your head or neck and feel cooler for outdoor activities such as gardening, sports, or just walking the dog. Cool Downz crystals are air cooled by taking advantage of the evaporation process. It will feel like you have your own personal air conditioner.

View attachment 1544230

I could wear that when I 'm not wearing my helmet...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How do you guys, that, like me live in an area where it gets way hot, stay cool???

Try riding over 25mph! Seriously, riding a Busa in heavy traffic, on hot days is just dumb, IMO. Stick to riding in places where you can stay at a reasonable speed, so the airflow keeps you cool. If you need to go somewhere that has heavy traffic, take your truck (you're a Texan, so I just know you have a truck) and enjoy having air-conditioning.
Where I live it gets just as hot as where you are but I still wear a jacket and leather pants. Joe Rocket makes perforated leathers which breathe well in any heat.

Try riding over 25mph! Seriously, riding a Busa in heavy traffic, on hot days is just dumb, IMO. Stick to riding in places where you can stay at a reasonable speed, so the airflow keeps you cool. If you need to go somewhere that has heavy traffic, take your truck (you're a Texan, so I just know you have a truck) and enjoy having air-conditioning.
Where I live it gets just as hot as where you are but I still wear a jacket and leather pants. Joe Rocket makes perforated leathers which breathe well in any heat.

I am English and no... I don't have a truck :laugh:
By the way I am loving the Ashes series Are you going to the 5th test???

Last edited:
I am English and no... I don't have a truck :laugh:
By the way I am loving the Ashes series Are you going to the 5th test???
Lol. I'm not an Australian, so I couldn't give a damn about the Ashes. Mind you, I always enjoy seeing Australians (a.k.a. The World's Most Ungracious Sportsmen) lose. My wife is English, so she's pretty happy about it.

BTW, I am astonished that an Englishman would be so silly as to ride without a helmet or proper gear. Unless you're a Northerner...:poke:

Lol. I'm not an Australian, so I couldn't give a damn about the Ashes. Mind you, I always enjoy seeing Australians (a.k.a. The World's Most Ungracious Sportsmen) lose. My wife is English, so she's pretty happy about it.

BTW, I am astonished that an Englishman would be so silly as to ride without a helmet or proper gear. Unless you're a Northerner...:poke:

I;m a Brummie.... Where are you from???

Try a Nike or Under Armour cooling type undershirt/boxers. Those help wick the moisture away from your body while cooling. Still wear your mesh jacket, helmet, etc.!

Back