Anyone own a ike lift made by Direct Lift?

RX1Jim

Registered
I am thinking of buying a bike lift from a company called Direct Lift. I would really like to buy a Handy lift but they are a lot more money and will cost me a few hundred dollars in shipping charges. The Direct Lift unit is probably made in China and I absolutely hate to buy Chinese products over American made products but the Handy Lift is way out of my price range. Does anyone have experience with a lift for Dircet Lift? Any problems with it? Thanks!!

Did you check out Harbor Freight? If you want a cheaper lift, I'd look there. I googled the Direct Lift, and they seem to be not a whole lot cheaper than I've seen the Handy Industries ones, but that was a year or so ago. If you want to save some cash, check out the Harbor Freight ones.

Just bought a ProCycle lift from Direct Lift 3 weeks ago and especially like it over others i looked at because of it's 93" length.Extremely well made(my friend has had 2 for years and sold me on the quality,93" length[especially if you have an extended swingarm,you'll mount the wheel chock in the front mounting holes to give you plenty of room],etc.)and bought it in Phoenix/had him bring it back during one of his trips over there.Cost was $595/no tax,but if you have to have it shipped rather than picking it up yourself from a distributor i believe shipping costs run around $300 since wt. is around 500 lbs.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
PS...

One of the best investments i ever made at any cost,no more layin' on the damned floor to get at stuff.:thumbsup:

(and i've yet to use tie downs or the stabilizing bar that goes through the rear tubing on the floor as seen in the promotional video from Greg Smith's Equipment Sales[more likely to trip over it than anything else],once you have the wheel clamped in the vise it's extremely solid and stable:thumbsup:)

I was planning on picking up the lift from a Greg Smith showroom. There is a showroom/depot in Hudson NH which is about 3 hours away. Not a bad road trip to save the cost and delay of shipping. Thanks for the info.!!

I was planning on picking up the lift from a Greg Smith showroom. There is a showroom/depot in Hudson NH which is about 3 hours away. Not a bad road trip to save the cost and delay of shipping. Thanks for the info.!!

Good deal!Mine was on a pallet/shrinkwrapped and takes a minor bit of assembly(comes with instructions,just pay attn. to the fittings on the foot pedal and have a bit of teflon tape at hand).Takes at least 2 guys to unloaded it/3 would be better(we broke mine down in the truck bed/unloaded it a piece at a time).:thumbsup:

I am thinking of buying a bike lift from a company called Direct Lift. I would really like to buy a Handy lift but they are a lot more money and will cost me a few hundred dollars in shipping charges. The Direct Lift unit is probably made in China and I absolutely hate to buy Chinese products over American made products but the Handy Lift is way out of my price range. Does anyone have experience with a lift for Dircet Lift? Any problems with it? Thanks!!

I recently bouht a TITAN (1000) ha ha - black and orange. It comes with removable / drop in rear panels, a longer ramp and a front chock. I actually bought it from Ian at Redline (recommended!). For grins (maybe?) I lifted a GL1800 Goldwing to remove (&R) that bikes rear tire. The lift struggled to lift that bike but it lifts the busa like a toy. I'd suggest it is very comparable to Handy but a much better value. Check it out - example:
Titan 1000 lb Motorcycle Lifting Table Lift Vise Handy - eBay (item 190396213025 end time Jan-06-11 11:26:15 PST)

The only differences i see between the Handy and the ProCycle are the Handy's $375 higher and 11" shorter,other than that they appear identical.Pick up the ProCycle since you're only 3 hrs. away bro,you'll be more than satisfied.:thumbsup:

I have had my direct lift from Greg Smith i picked up at their showroom in Indianapolis for 6 years now. No issues what so ever. I have the 1 foot side extensions on it for working on the four wheelers and mower and just about anything else with a motor. ie: tiller, power washer, wood spliter etc.

It does take a good compressor with a good size tank to get that and a bike off the ground.

Mine is right inside one of the bay doors of my garage. I pull up on it everytime i come home. Set the wheel vise and she stays put.

BEST thing i ever bought besides the Busa... Go for it!

Thanks everyone for the feedback and advice. I plan on buying the lift within the next month. I will pick it up from the NH location, I need to call them and make sure they have one in stock. They are only 3 hrs from me. Then this old man will not have to crawl around on the garage floor to work on my bikes!! Many thanks!!

I have had my direct lift from Greg Smith i picked up at their showroom in Indianapolis for 6 years now. No issues what so ever. I have the 1 foot side extensions on it for working on the four wheelers and mower and just about anything else with a motor. ie: tiller, power washer, wood spliter etc.

It does take a good compressor with a good size tank to get that and a bike off the ground.

Mine is right inside one of the bay doors of my garage. I pull up on it everytime i come home. Set the wheel vise and she stays put.

BEST thing i ever bought besides the Busa... Go for it!

:thumbsup:

Back