Painted my windscreen!

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So I had the winscreen out to install the 3BR Powersports USB plug and while I had it out, I thought what the heck :idea:, I'm gonna paint the sucker! Just masked the thing off and painted the inside gloss black. The only drawback is seeing all the scratches that I didn't know were there before :madfire:
But wow, does it make the bike look better.
SUPER COLD here today, but tomorrow I'm gonna stoke up the furnace out there and rip the tail section apart to get my pegs sent out for powdercoating.:thumbsup:
So far the winter mods are doing great!
You might also notice the FP Racing Levers and the Throttlemeister courtesy of Pashnit's last sale! :bowdown: Oh, and of course the Yosh pipes courtesy of my beautiful wife for an early Christmas Present! :cheerleader:
screen2.JPG

screen1.JPG

screen3.JPG

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I really like it. I might do that to mine for now.. a cheap mod.. I already have paint..

Do it! Do it! :laugh:

The only reason I really did it was I hated the light smoke look, and I don't really think I want a double bubble, and buying a stock shaped screen dark smoke seemed stupid. I think it looks great! Makes me want to smoke my front turn signals now though.. :whistle:

Looks really nice .
Just don't know if it's worth the possible loss of functionality as far as not being able to see thru it anymore ?

Maybe for "normal" people Blanca, but I haven't been able to "tuck" under a windshield in about 75lbs. :whistle:

I think I was calling you normal! :rofl:

Same thing :)

Anyway bike looks great.
It's late and I have to get up early as it's gonna be 75 tomorrow and I'm going for a long ride.
Oops did I just say that to somebody whos wintered in ?
Sorry :laugh:

Same thing :)

Anyway bike looks great.
It's late and I have to get up early as it's gonna be 75 tomorrow and I'm going for a long ride.
Oops did I just say that to somebody whos wintered in ?
Sorry :laugh:

You are really pushing it Blanca..
To think I was beginning to like you. :moon:
:rofl:

Looks great. i had a 05 triumph i did that to. just keep a eye on the paint. once summer comes around and heat starts getting to it eventually the paint may tend to crack. but that also depends on how heavy or light you sprayed the coats on. you did a great job on it. pipes look great with that color too!!!:beerchug:

I have always liked the Painted windscreens, Just makes the looks flow together even more.

===================================================================

misty.jpg

Back