Etymotic Earphones

S4L

Registered
Hey guys,

Just wanted to put out a shameless plug for the Etymotic research ER6i Earphones. I finally decided to pay the money and try these things and I am not disappointed, took 'em for their first test ride today.

I've tried a number of different ear-buds that you can typically find in a Target or Best Buy. The noise-cancelling type, the ear-plug type, the regular ones, but nothing touches these.

With these in my ear and a FF helmet, no music, wind noise is pretty quiet and the bike is barely heard - well.. pretty quiet.

With music going at a volume a little less than what I had the volume set at for my other earphones - I can't hear my bike at all - pretty much just hear music. My other set of earphones, I had to have the volume up just to hear the music - not so with these.

Also - with the other earphones - putting on my helmet can dislodge them just a bit, which was annoying to say the least. These Etymotics actually sit all the way in your ear, so it is much harder to dislodge them when putting on your helmet.

That is my semi-trying to be- objective thoughts on them.

I purchased my pair through Amazon incase anyone is interested in them and they run about $76

Nevertheless they get a :thumbsup:

Uncle Steve hooked me on the a couple of years ago... They are the best for long trips where you have a lot of wind noise for a long time...

Those look real nice and similar to mine :thumbsup:. Paid just under 100 for mine. Stay in my ear very well unlike Bose in-ears. They cancel sound very well. I have found you have to pay a good amount of money for true quality earphones. These have better bass than any other earphone ive owned then again rockford fosgate has never dissappointed me in the least with any product :thumbsup:

PP15mm_1_m.jpg
pp15mm earphones

I have a pair and they stay in a drawer. I like bass responce and comfort. The Etymoyic's reduce wind noise a little more but, the skull candies are much better for me at less than 1/2 the price. I have spent a small fortune on earphones and that is works best for me. Ears are like finger prints they are all different.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Etymotic headsets are great, just like all other types of generic headsets they are good if they fit you. Custom Ear Mold speakers are the way to go in the long run, they fit better, and can be repaired where the others are throw away .......Kieth

They are great, but be very careful with the wires as they are easily damaged (ask me why I know this)...

Good news is that ER will discount a replacement set if you tear them up. And also, clean them and replace the filters if you lose sound BEFORE you consider them busted...

Back