Paint ideas.. Would love some feedback

houstonbussa

Registered
Ok.. I'm about to start taking her apart for the winter (as if Houston ever really has those), but our coldest months are Jan and Feb. I have an 07 with the LE paint scheme on it. I plan on painting her. Here's my idea.. Try to visualize and tell me what you think.

The off white, I'm thinking of more of an eggshell color with heavy pearl.

Where the grey is I'm going to turn to chemilion (sp?) kind of like the konji is now (Here's where I need the most help.. don't know if I'm going to keep the same factory design or change it)

And for the konji, I am going to put these 'glow in the dark' konji's I just came across some where....:whistle:

Whatcha think? Any feedback, good or bad is welcome.. Just don't get trashy. If you feel like I'm pissing in your wheaties because you'd NEVER do that (like on the gear threads) no comments needed. I only ask if you absolutly can't handle my idea, please give an idea.... As I may like it and run with it.. just don't sit there and say how bad it is though...

Thanks.

Chemilion generally looks a bit rusty red, but changes colors as your angle changes..

And glad the spelling cops showed up as I butcher the english language.. (I was always a math and science kid)..

This is what she looks like now.
garage_vehicle-1096-12938346071.jpg

I'm definitely not a fan of any color changing stuff, the blue / purple paint, that windshield, and I'm guessing the kanji would fit right in there.

HOWEVER, it's your bike, and that is just my opinion.

Are you planning on keeping the grey design? Think about having the secondary color accent the busa's sweeping curves a bit more, follow her body lines.

Also, if you're painting the entire bike, you don't HAVE to use the grey, could go with a bolder color, maybe something similar to the color you have in mind for the kanji? Bonus points if you can find color change paint to match, or actually paint the kanji on and clear over it then it won't have that raised edge from the sticker and be a lot smoother and cleaner looking. You could just clear over the sticker too I guess. It really does make all the difference having the paint lay smooth like that.

I think pearl off white will look just fine :thumbsup:, the pearl will prolly 'off' your white a bit anyway, my white HD used to be white with just a bit of pearl in it.

Really put some though into it, unless your good buds with a painter, it's not cheap, and you have a great opportunity to do a really trick custom paint job.

Do you tuck in enough to have to look through the windscreen, or are you like me and just peer right over the top of it? If so, consider paint matching it to the bike, something else I think looks really good.

I'm going to pick up a double bubble type screen and paint match it, and also keep my clear ZG one around for when I want to shoot video through it from a tank mount cam.

Also might be a good time to invest in an undertail, cuz ya know you're gonna want one later, so it can be painted with everything else, and ya won't have to take the tail apart twice.

Also, consider carrying the paint / design through the dash panels and the frame, makes everything flow really well and looks KILLER!! :thumbsup: If not, at least rip off the warning labels. :laugh:

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my old Kawi I had back in the day. It was cool then but not so much now. If you ever chip or scratch the paint your screwed and have to repaint the whole bike.....

100_2557.jpg

Looks like on 06 le...
Posted via Mobile Device

It is an 07.. But to make it easy.. it IS 4th quarter 06 build stamped 07. Anyone want to see the title and everything else is welcomed. (same thing I went through when I first joined the board)

I'm definitely not a fan of any color changing stuff, the blue / purple paint, that windshield, and I'm guessing the kanji would fit right in there.

HOWEVER, it's your bike, and that is just my opinion. (Thank you for being straight up, no bs, giving good feedback, even though you don't agree..)

Are you planning on keeping the grey design? Think about having the secondary color accent the busa's sweeping curves a bit more, follow her body lines.

Also, if you're painting the entire bike, you don't HAVE to use the grey, could go with a bolder color, maybe something similar to the color you have in mind for the kanji? Bonus points if you can find color change paint to match, or actually paint the kanji on and clear over it then it won't have that raised edge from the sticker and be a lot smoother and cleaner looking. You could just clear over the sticker too I guess. It really does make all the difference having the paint lay smooth like that.

Today I thought about using the genII design vs the grey design. But that's the only part with the color changing paint. Not the whole bike.

Do you tuck in enough to have to look through the windscreen, or are you like me and just peer right over the top of it? If so, consider paint matching it to the bike, something else I think looks really good.

I peer over the top, but unless perfectly done, not a big fan of the painted windshield. I just put this one on and am a big fan of it.

Also might be a good time to invest in an undertail, cuz ya know you're gonna want one later, so it can be painted with everything else, and ya won't have to take the tail apart twice.

I actually do have one in mind, but $170.... I do want it though.. We'll see

Also, consider carrying the paint / design through the dash panels and the frame, makes everything flow really well and looks KILLER!! :thumbsup: If not, at least rip off the warning labels. :laugh:

I wanted to keep the black frame, but MAY paint through it, but not the whold thing. I think some of the WAY out there is just too much for me and destroys the lines

Sounds interesting but if you paint it blue it'll go faster!:laugh:

Ok.. You're gonna have to go look up where I already had to prove where white was the fastest color.. So in reality, I'm slower her down some.. hahah:poke:

That's an 06' limited, not an 07'

Please read above.. I almost took the bike back because I thought it may had been a rebuild and some how texas blue pappered her.

Here's a pic of my old Kawi I had back in the day. It was cool then but not so much now. If you ever chip or scratch the paint your screwed and have to repaint the whole bike.....

Yea.. the Kanji on mine now is just like that except with a bit of metalic flake in it (best way I could describe it).

One idea I saw. There is a custom busa around here and the guy had the Kanji symbol airbrushed on. It was detailed so well that it looked like the Kanji was hand applied to the bike with an oil brush.

i dont like the color change chameleon paints, i like a nice colored base with alot of pearl alot better, its easier on the eyes, and unless you chrome or put some serious shine on the whole bike imho the chameleon will look cheap. there was a guy on here that did a balloon white busa, a lambo color, it was very nice. something like that or caddy white would look real nice i think, then add some graphics.

Thanks for taking the time to give some feed back. I guess I need to take a profile pic of her and take a pencil to her.. (I wish I were better at PH... Maybe someone can help me out if I send a scan)...... Talked to a paint guy today and he wanted to change my idea.. So I need to physically visualize it w/o having to use the bike first.. haha.. Again, thanks everyone.. Still taking any ideas...

There alot of color combos im Chameleon, a good paint shop should have chips of all of em. Have you seen the paint that changes color with the tempature?

Yea. I went to see a paint guy yesterday and he was telling me about them.. I want the chameleon that has more blue, purple, green in it, kind of like my wind sheild, but he kept trying to sell me the idea of one with more of a coper, gold tone (which is nice, just not my vision) so going to shop for a shop.

Yes I've seen the temp color change paint. Looks nice, but during the spring, summer and winter here in Houston, it's just hot, so it would stay one color most of the year.. hahah

for the chameleon paints i think u need to have a bigger area for the effect to work properly....

I think I'm going with the 09 black and red scheme but using the white and chameleon. I figured it would take a larger area as the kanji on my bike now is like a chameleon flake, but you can't tell unless you're right up on it. So I can understand it taking more surface area. I'm wanting it to match my windshield.

2009-suzuki-hayabusa-1_460x0w.jpg

2010-12-21 13.10.59.jpg

Ok.. I'm about to start taking her apart for the winter (as if Houston ever really has those), but our coldest months are Jan and Feb. I have an 07 with the LE paint scheme on it. I plan on painting her. Here's my idea.. Try to visualize and tell me what you think.

The off white, I'm thinking of more of an eggshell color with heavy pearl.

Where the grey is I'm going to turn to chemilion (sp?) kind of like the konji is now (Here's where I need the most help.. don't know if I'm going to keep the same factory design or change it)

And for the konji, I am going to put these 'glow in the dark' konji's I just came across some where....:whistle:

Whatcha think? Any feedback, good or bad is welcome.. Just don't get trashy. If you feel like I'm pissing in your wheaties because you'd NEVER do that (like on the gear threads) no comments needed. I only ask if you absolutly can't handle my idea, please give an idea.... As I may like it and run with it.. just don't sit there and say how bad it is though...

Thanks.

White pearl sounds good. Can never go wrong with a beautiful white. I think glow in the dark kanji's are kinda cheesy myself but hey its all in what you think looks good. I was going to put white kanjis on my busa after getting it painted a deep glossy black but i think i like it better without... I may change my mind down the road and slap some on but i think the black with silver accents is fine for me right now (that could also be because my riding jacket does all the hayabusa advertising :laugh:)

Photoshop is your best friend. Replace colors with other colors you would like to see on the bike. You can even shoot me emails with a nice big pic of your bike and color palettes you would like to see on it with or without the kanji and i can try to replicate the colors on the bike to the best of my ability. Im not the best but i can photoshop pretty well. Only part you cant really photoshop is the chameleon paints...

Last edited:
Back