Fuel Pump Strip down - now won't idle!!

hayabusaboy

Registered
Evening guys,
I finally got round to pulling out my fuel pump to replace the filter and give the screens a clean, what a b*tch to get those bleeding 4 pump securing screws out!! I was dreading what i would find in there but was really surprised to find no gung, the filter only a light shade of brown and the screens at each end clean! Also pulled the fuel **** from the tank and that was gunk free as well! Put it all back together, including new fuel lines and finally managed to nip the electrical gremlin i have had for a few weeks at the same time! All plugged in, primed the pump 6-7 times to fill the pump and lines and she flashes in to life, only to barely run on fast idle and as lumpy as you like!! After nearly half hour of retracing my steps of everything i touched, i finally threw in the towel! Only after putting all the tools away, did i remember that i forgot to put the vacuum line from the top of the fuel pump back on!! School boy error!! Heading out for new year meal, so will squeeze my hand in tomorrow and hook it back up, hoping, that is the cause of the rough idling!!

Just need to throw a new oil filter on her, top up with oil and she is ready for a good leg stretch!!

Hope you have a great evening and happy new year!

Back