Does it ever end????

Busa_Powered

Registered
Just when I thought it was over......:banghead:

Some of you may remember I had an accident in oct, car cut off the car in front of me, I hit the rear bumper of an SUV

Finally after a long ordeal I get it back.

Looked better than ever

When getting new tires last week, the tech realized by rear tire was not spinning when on the rack.

He checked and determined my brake was sticking to the rotor and it had eaten up my rotor on the ends.

Took it in today to get the rotor and brake pads repaired.

Everything is okay, he tests drives it, something is wrong.

One side the piston is sticking to the rotor, looks some more. Talked about rebuilding the piston. Comes back in a few telling me that

the piece, behind the peg, near the master cylinder is bent.

He asked me, has this bike been in an accident, I said yes a few months ago.

He said, they didnt repair this piece,the area behind the foot peg, and it could be the culprit of your issue.

The master cylinder is right behind that area and it controls the amount of brake fluid to the something, not sure what part.

Im going to call my adjuster in the morning to get him to come look at the bike, I had to leave it.

This is a different shop than where I had it repaired. They were like, how did they miss this?

Very frustrating, hopefully I dont have to pay the entire bill.

They told me the whole thing could have seized while riding it and caused an accident.

The pic is of the old rotor, its chewed up on the edges.

1230101504-00.jpg

I'm irritated that the place I had it repaired didnt catch in the first place. You should expect an adjuster to catch it, but then I can understand why he would overlook it.

I am ready for the new season, fresh oil change, new tires, new rear rotors and brakes, hopefully soon!

Also picked up some pretty sweet new Alpinestar riding boots for 100 bucks, off 60%

They are doing inventory in a few days and have marked down alot of stuff.

I feel better about this place, due to them catching the error of the other shop. Its a local dealer not a national chain.

Is the damage all the way around the disc or just on part of it?

I'd look for other issues, bent axle, swing arm, caliper mount etc. That dosen't look like just a pad dragging to me.

Just be thankful it didn't seize and cause an accident. Even if you have to pay the bill it's still better than being dead or in the hospital.

Back