Long Trip

StwBusa

Banned
Come May or June this year .. me and some friends are planning a pretty long road trip Starting in Dallas and going up to Colorado the across to Utah Nevada California and then back via NM..... So my question is... I have an '09 Busa should I be taking anything with me specifically??? I mean what do you take with you when you go on a long trip??? I don't mean for me, I mean for the Bike :laugh:

good sample: Luggage Capacity Multi Day :: New Enough

MORE: fuses, quick stand, wipes for shield, chain lube. Link for stand: http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

image10.jpg

Last edited:
Two Words ::::::::::::::::::: CREDIT CARDS and MONEY :thumbsup:

Additional, tire repair kit, Zip Ties (several sizes) and hope you don't need them to hold things on. A good cleaning wax for your windscreen and CHAIN WAX. Other than that for repair, you'll probably need a Motorcycle shop. Be realistic about what you bring that you can buy along the way. This includes shaving stuff and personal gear. That way, you don't need to be packing and repacking, fitting and refitting stuff on you bike every day. Or being concern if some JERK steals it while your in the Convience Store drinking water (been there, done that) . And ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN :beerchug:

If its a ling trip you might want to tuck this away somewere.

anti_monkey_butt_powder.jpg

One has an Aprilia Rsv4 One has a Harley (not sure of the model but its naked) and the other 2 guys both have Ducati Multistrada 1200's... So we are all basically going to be tired:beerchug:

Sounds interesting. we'll see how things are as that timeframe approaches. I might want to take one of my bikes and tag along...

Take your spare key for the busa! Don't ask me how I know this.:laugh: Oh, and don't forget to wear all your gear.:thumbsup:

One has an Aprilia Rsv4 One has a Harley (not sure of the model but its naked) and the other 2 guys both have Ducati Multistrada 1200's... So we are all basically going to be tired:beerchug:

Your trip will be no trouble as far as you getting sore. You will have to stop every 50 or so miles to work on the Harley so thats plenty of resting time for ya :thumbsup: Oh and make sure that guy brings oil for when he leaks out, better yet it may be better for him to put the bike on a trailer and just follow everyone else in a truck. :rofl:

Ok but seriously the Busa is great on long trips, I don't know the milage your talking about but I have been on several 3,000 + long weekend trips and the bike is a tank it really can't be hurt. I have 49,000 miles and I have never had any trouble on long trips. If you ride it right and put gas in it it will go, but now every now and then the big girl gets a little belly ache and you have to let her turn loose for a few minutes then she is back to normal.

Your trip will be no trouble as far as you getting sore. You will have to stop every 50 or so miles to work on the Harley so thats plenty of resting time for ya :thumbsup: Oh and make sure that guy brings oil for when he leaks out, better yet it may be better for him to put the bike on a trailer and just follow everyone else in a truck. :rofl:

Ok but seriously the Busa is great on long trips, I don't know the milage your talking about but I have been on several 3,000 + long weekend trips and the bike is a tank it really can't be hurt. I have 49,000 miles and I have never had any trouble on long trips. If you ride it right and put gas in it it will go, but now every now and then the big girl gets a little belly ache and you have to let her turn loose for a few minutes then she is back to normal.

49000 MILES?? On a Gen2???:bowdown:

49000 MILES?? On a Gen2???:bowdown:

Gen 1 sorry I didn't specify its a 2007 gen 1 and all 49,000 are mine. If you think thats alot Sleepless Red is pushing in the 60's on his 07 and some one on here has a 2009 (I think) Gen 2 in the 70's. If you take care of your bike it will last you a very long time. I just had the valves checked and they were all perfectly in sync still that was around 45k. Never had anything except suzuki motor oil.

*tip* Dont fill up all the way. That way when your butt starts feeling like its bleeding and on fire, you have a reason to stop. GAS!

Only 1k miles on my 09, but after reading various strings here, I'm confident with normal maintinance and non-abusive riding I should be able to rack up as many miles as I want in the coming years.
StwBusa - keep us posted wen more concrete details become avail
Thx.
Joe.

Back