Gear Time

war69

Registered
My christmas present finaly came. The fit of this jacket is second to none as with the gloves to. Very happy with the wifes decision for my gift. Thank you sweetheart.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

l really like that jacket. Which jacket is that and is it perforated?

Your jacket is killer but I wouldn't put much faith in those gloves for crash protection. You are likely to loose one or both of those puppies in a serious crash. No extra padding or protection in the critical areas. Will be fine for putting around town but I wouldn't let a guy on the track with those gloves.

If it were me, I'd take them back to cycle gear and upgrade to a better glove. Just sayin!

Your jacket is killer but I wouldn't put much faith in those gloves for crash protection. You are likely to loose one or both of those puppies in a serious crash. No extra padding or protection in the critical areas. Will be fine for putting around town but I wouldn't let a guy on the track with those gloves.

If it were me, I'd take them back to cycle gear and upgrade to a better glove. Just sayin!

The jacket is Delmar and the gloves are Dainese also and I was told there not track gloves which I dont go on the track and that there were well enough for me if ever I went down. They are very well padded but offer better flexability they some of my thinner gloves.

D@mn that's Scheeeeeet!..and uh...i think i'm fix'in ta become a single man here shortly..so pardon my ask'in but...

does your wife have a lonely sister by chance? :whistle:

:bowdown: :thumbsup: :laugh:

Nice jacket you got there, I've been riding in Dainese gear for a long time and rarely ride in anything else.

The jacket is Delmar and the gloves are Dainese also and I was told there not track gloves which I dont go on the track and that there were well enough for me if ever I went down. They are very well padded but offer better flexability they some of my thinner gloves.

Let's not say they are not good track gloves, let's just say they aren't good crash gloves. They are better than nothing but personally, I wouldn't wear them at all. I've crashed many times and hands are the most vulnerable part and need good protection.

Little quick story I'll share. Two seasons ago one of my very good friends was going to look at a job he was bidding on as a contractor. Warm summer day so he decided he would ride his Honda VFR. Put on his jacket and gloves about like yours and off he went. On his way home he hit a deer at 60 mph. Both gloves were distroyed and his hands were a mess. He had all ten fingers bandaged looking like two big clubs. He couldn't feed himself, bath himself, couldn't wipe his a$$, couldn't put his pants on, shoes on, couldn't take a piss without his wife doing the dirty work. Things like this happen when your hands aren't properly protected. When both hands are useless, you are totally helpless.

I'd take those gloves back and get a better pair!

Let's not say they are not good track gloves, let's just say they aren't good crash gloves. They are better than nothing but personally, I wouldn't wear them at all. I've crashed many times and hands are the most vulnerable part and need good protection.

Little quick story I'll share. Two seasons ago one of my very good friends was going to look at a job he was bidding on as a contractor. Warm summer day so he decided he would ride his Honda VFR. Put on his jacket and gloves about like yours and off he went. On his way home he hit a deer at 60 mph. Both gloves were distroyed and his hands were a mess. He had all ten fingers bandaged looking like two big clubs. He couldn't feed himself, bath himself, couldn't wipe his a$$, couldn't put his pants on, shoes on, couldn't take a piss without his wife doing the dirty work. Things like this happen when your hands aren't properly protected. When both hands are useless, you are totally helpless.
I'd take those gloves back and get a better pair!

I totally here where your comming from man.I like to ride when im comfortable. I feel safer. I tried on many of the moto gp style gloves. I have large hands and big knuckles and they hurt just wareing them in the store so I couldnt imagine being on the bike with them for long periods of time. Ive been rideing for 22 years and havent been down yet. Knock on wood. Im gonna stick with comfort and security but thanks for the advice.

Back