Rossi's Last Laugh

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Wondering out loud.

If the 2010 Moto GP was the "Silly Season", what are they going to dub the 2011 season? The one in which the reigning, returning Champion can't find a sponsor.

Rossi has got to be laughing his a$$ off.

I assume you are refering to Fiat fackin'n off ? The rest of the story is news to me also !

I assume you are refering to Fiat fackin'n off ? The rest of the story is news to me also !

I think it was a given that Fiat was headed out the door right behind Rossi. I would think that Yamaha would have known that and had a sponsor signed for the team by now.

Could it be that Lorenzo and Spies are going to be on the grid with out a team sponsor? Is Yamaha going to sign all the checks? Is Lorenzo going to get his "Raise" now that Rossi is gone, if the Champion Rider, Team and Constructor can't find a sponsor for team Yamaha? The Satellite Team, Tech 3 is sponsored, but the factory team is not.

RabbitSeason.gif

Where did you see that Fiat is leaving Yamaha? I can't find it anywhere on the Internet. PS I think the "silly season" refers to the time around the end of the racing season when riders' contracts are up for renewal, and the media speculates about potential offers and rider changes.

It's an odd situation. The champs struggling for a sponsor.

On one hand kinda seems like maybe a economic sign of the times thing, but sponsors want want their brands on the podium which Lorenzo and Ben are sure to provide. But, on the other hand Ben is a marketing dud. As much as I love him on the track, he's got zero charisma. His tracks as animal thing was funny, the Mancation was good for Colin, but Ben was just a boorish blob. The other Yamaha commercials have been strike outs too.

Jorge, well...................what can you say about him? Arrogant? Whiney? He can probably sell anything to anybody in Spain, but his presence every where else is weak. I just don't think his personality projects an image alot of companies care for.

Could be we are at the point when racers have to do a whole lot more than just win races and possibly championships to stay in the game.

Fiat, like Rossi, is Italian, and they own (or at least they used to) Ferrari, with the exception of the Scuderia. In my opinion, that's the only reason Fiat was with Yamaha.

I can't believe Lorenzo and Spies won't find a world-class sponsor.

Back