Too good to be true, Full armor question

Depends on what you want to do with it. A lot of these suits are really good prices, can't beat $199 and I'd probably buy it for the street if I were looking at new suits and did not race.

Only issue with racing is some tracks/organizations require 100% leather, and you'll find some of the FT have arm pits, etc that are a material other than leather and won't pass tech. Check on this before purchasing if this will be an issue.

Tuff put in a good point if your riding on the track, watch what the fast group riders are wearing, that's what they trust~!~

One of my pair of gloves are FT, and though some will question the leather and quality they are more armored and protected than some of my other pairs of name brand leather gloves that I have been racing with...

Last edited:
Frank Thomas is the Cycle Gears brand they are not high end but decent for the price and Cycle gear has a good return policy.

Kevin, BUY IT WHILE YOU CAN For that price, this suit will do you fine as an initial trackday suit and street riding should you want to. Full leather with Kevlar and armor where required. Meets all requirements for STT Southern (which is where I ride) and you will have a BLAST doing trackdays this year (see my post today about their dates being up)....BUY IT A LITTLE BIG so you can get a back protector in it!

I wear a FT two piece suit for track days. May not be as good of quality as say Alpinestars or some of the others, but for the price, they are a pretty good set of leathers.

IMG_0263.jpg

I have a Frank Thomas 1 pc. leather suit that I would stand behind 100%. I wear a Tecnic back protector underneath it as well. I have gone down a couple of times in it and walked away with no injuries. For that price, I would not pass it up.

Frank Thomas is good gear, My wife has some and it preety good for the price, That seems to be a good price on that also.

BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:BUY IT:cheerleader:

I bought a Frank Thomas two piece with full zipper about 18 months ago and it caused me to just spend a whole lot more, buying decent gear.

It's not bad, designs are managed from England, so it works well in cold weather with some under layers, but mine restricts movement in my knees and elbows and it is not nearly as comfortable as my other gear. Wifey has the same complaint with her FT gear.

They have a lot of nice new stuff though, perhaps they have improved?

Well I got home today to find my dog not able to put his left back leg down so the vet bills may take my gear money, I may have to wait till the next sale before I get a track day. Either way I am stopping by cycle gear on my way home tomorrow to see the size I need and check the leather in the arm pit - thanks to outlawbusa and check the movement of the elbows and knees - thanks to jellyrug. It may be a sign, if I get a suit I may ride beyond my limits and slip up.
Sam is more important to me than a suit, but I really want both lol
Pic is about a year old.

IMGP2613.jpg

Well I got home today to find my dog not able to put his left back leg down so the vet bills may take my gear money, I may have to wait till the next sale before I get a track day. Either way I am stopping by cycle gear on my way home tomorrow to see the size I need and check the leather in the arm pit - thanks to outlawbusa and check the movement of the elbows and knees - thanks to jellyrug. It may be a sign, if I get a suit I may ride beyond my limits and slip up.
Sam is more important to me than a suit, but I really want both lol
Pic is about a year old.

Sorry about Sam, hope he gets better.

Best thing you can do is to try the suit on at cycle gear, even better if you can take your bike with, then sit on the bike, try and lean with your knee out and make sure it is comfy in all positions.

Back