Possible to re-furbish hard bags?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
There is a guy who has a set of hard bags for sale but hey are pretty scraped up. As in a fair amount of scratches and some deeper scratches around the bottom. He had them on a dirt bike if thats is an indication of their condition.

He has a set of three for sale for a decent price but is it possible to fix them up? Can I sand them down and repaint them? Will it look crappy? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix them up without having to buy new lids?

Thanks

I do not have first hand experience with this product but IMHO, easier/faster/better results vs. sanding/painting. I have seen buses/vans/trucks with this done and pretty impressed :) Actually have this in mind if my bike takes a spill

http://www.stickercity.com/3m-matte-black-vinyl-sticker-wrap-sheet.html

• 3M Controltac & Comply technology eliminates wrinkles and air bubbles.
• Pressure sensitive adhesive, clean removablity up to 4 years.
• High quality 4 Mil cast vinyl conforms to the most challenging contours.
• Needs to be applied dry and can be re-lifted, repositioned and stretched before going over with a squeegee.
• Can be layed down around compound curves, rivets & corrugation.

matte-black-vinyl-h1.jpg

!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they fiberglass? If so, yes, they can be. I'd take them to a boat repair shop to get repaired, and then to a body shop to repaint.

anything can be repaired.....fiberglass, ABS, even steel and aluminum. It will cost money, so in the long run it may be cheaper buy a new/nicer set.

PS: vinyl skins cannot be applied it there are major scratches, it would need to be repaired to a smooth finish first.

Back