F.A.R.S. fatality statistics

Registered
I just wanted to share this site to everyone in the org. This is just a reminder of the reality of being on the open road. You can check the stats on all 50 states on this site. Be safe!

click => FARS Encyclopedia

Last edited:
Wow, motorcyclists make up about 20% of all motor vehicle fatalities. When you consider that total hours ridden for motorcycles is probably far less than 1% of all vehicle hours (made up statistic), this really makes you think. Should encourage AGATT.

Also surprising is that pedestrians make up a similar number of fatalities year to year, approaching 20% of the total. Now I'm thinking we should ban cars!

One thing it does not tell you is the percentage of first time motorcycle owners. First time motorcycle owners make up the highest fatality rates, sad but true...

The increase in motorcycle deaths year over year coincide with the increase in gas prices. If what is rumored of gas prices jumping to $4 plus dollars a gallon happens, 2011 will not be a good year.

Be safe my Busa brothers.

Thanks for the thread.

I just spent the past hour looking at the info. In my state of washington I found way to many alcohol related deaths around 5:00 PM on weekdays in heavily populated areas. Many on the interstate.

Alcohol and motorcycles do not mix!

what I found is that in MO there were 63 deaths with a helmet and 22 without, in ILL there were 23 with and 101 without. MO has the helmet law ILL doesn't. AGATT it saves lives

One thing it does not tell you is the percentage of first time motorcycle owners. First time motorcycle owners make up the highest fatality rates, sad but true...

That's not necessarily true.

It is true that the first time bike owners are more likely to crash but less likely to kill themselves than the second or third bike owner who has more confidence than skill. With confidence comes speed and speed is usually the common denominator involved in fatal crashes. Especially, when there are no other vehicles involved.

That's not necessarily true.

It is true that the first time bike owners are more likely to crash but less likely to kill themselves than the second or third bike owner who has more confidence than skill. With confidence comes speed and speed is usually the common denominator involved in fatal crashes. Especially, when there are no other vehicles involved.

Thats a good point. I can personaly vouch for 2 fatalities and both of them are not beginers. I guess testosterone kills more than inexperience.

Back