Pazzo levers, regular or shorties? And why?

AJAY

Registered
Planning my next farkle for the Busa. Never rode with Pazzos, but they look nice and trick. But what to get, regular or shorties? I've got nothing wrong with my stock, standard length levers. Kind of afraid to buy the shorties and not like them.

What do you think? Why?

Get the shorties, man. You'll never go back!
They are soooooo much more comfortable than stock levers.
Also, if you drop your bike the shorties won't snap/bend/get scratched.
Everyone I know who has shorties swears by them and I do, too.

I had shorties on the bking, and just got a set for the s1k, to me the shorties feel more in control kinda race like, I like the feel and think they look better, more precise then big levers

I have and like the shorties but if I still was drag racing I would have the full length levers...

I like the option of being able to use four fingers if I choose.

cheers
ken

I like the shorties. Two finger braking is made easier for me. Also, at the track I can maintain throttle control and still feather my brake.

I prefer the Standard (and have the Pazzo Standard) even though I use the two finger brake method. Why, because after 5 to 6 hours of riding on a 10 to 12 hour day, my fingers start getting tired and the standards seem to be easier to pull with less effort. Although if I were to just ride around and only do maybe a 2 hour ride, the short levers would probably work very well :beerchug:

I have shorty levers on every bike I own including race bikes.

You can use four fingers on shorty levers if you feel the need.

Here's the reasons I use shorty levers.

1. You only need two fingers to operate the clutch or brake. Leaves the other two fingers to grip the bars. When you ride hard you'll quickly understand why.

2. Shorty levers are far less apt to break or be damaged during a crash.

3. Long levers are far more likely to break one or both outside fingers during a crash than the shorty levers.

4. I'm not into bling but the shorty levers do look cooler and the girls know a man with a short lever has a long tool! :whistle:

+1
I get stuck in traffic often and it's nice to be able to comfortably put four fingers on either.
Yeah, but you can easily get four fingers on the shorties. - You're a big (tall) guy, Blanca; I should imagine you'd have large hands too, so you wouldn't have any trouble getting a good grip on the shorties.
Anyway, your strongest fingers are your index and middle fingers. The other two are mostly there for decoration.

Feel is the biggest reason as to why. The shorts are a smaller compact package in your hand while sport riding. Shifting and clutching are quick movements as the lever has less mass to it. The lever become more like a toggle switch than a lever when they are shorts. Two fingered braking and two on the clutch. If you want looks, no question. Short levers are an eye-catching mod.

Flip side is the long levers for some, the less hand strength required is important to them.

Any easy way to answer your own questions is go for a ride and see how you use your fingers? Whole hand or just the two? If you go with the shorts, only your pinky won't quite fit on there.

Pazzo Racing Levers $179 - FREE Shipping + $10 Engraving | PashnitMoto.com
:easy: FREE engraving, FREE shipping promo goin' on right now.

One of the very first mods I did on the K1200R. Hated the stock. :(

As for sheer numbers, we sell about 3x as many shorts as we do longs so that gives you a real-world answer.

blue_busa4.jpg

blue_busa5.jpg

busa-051.jpg

busa-052.jpg

blue_busa4.jpg

blue_busa5.jpg

busa-051.jpg

busa-052.jpg

Why shucks Tim, thanks for using a pic of lil ol me to show the shorts. Actually, I have both and I can get totally immersed in the ergos of both! I truly dislike the stock ones now but either Pazzos are really comfy in all braking situations, including ultra hi performance.
Raydog

P1010556.JPG

P1030427.JPG

I run the Shorties on my B King for what some may find an odd reason. The B King front brakes seem a bit touchy, I find the Shorties make them much easier to Modulate.

Why shucks Tim, thanks for using a pic of lil ol me to show the shorts. Actually, I have both and I can get totally immersed in the ergos of both! I truly dislike the stock ones now but either Pazzos are really comfy in all braking situations, including ultra hi performance.
Raydog

We just like to see you with the knee on the ground. Great photo!
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the option of being able to use four fingers if I choose.

cheers
ken

I agree,get the long ones(should you ever need to make a fast grab for the front brake you're much better off using 4 fingers rather than 2,and if you ever need to go to heavier clutch springs[adding a turbo,etc.,i run 3 heavy/3 stock],trying to use the clutch with 2 fingers in stop and go traffic will get tiring real fast),i think they also look better since they're the length of the grip(and the shorties are more for a road racing situation).

Back