Christmas eve bike crash in front of my house

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Turned my tv off and realized there were lights and voices outside.
Walked outside and saw a freshly crashed bike upright on kickstand just on edge on my front yard on sidewalk and alot of ems around.
Seems like he was coming north thru the 'S' and drove straight after first turn running right into the side of a southbound suv bounced off and went off road crashing into the fence between my neighbor and I.
Can't tell what kind of bike it WAS ? Rider was sitting upright on sidewalk with no visible rash or injuries. Both his knees were wrapped up already so he must have gotten some injury to them. Did have a lid on though. I never heard nothing which is strange because there is a wreck in same place almost monthly and I hear every one. Big booms they usually are but since it was a motorcycle there was no screeching or real loud impact sounds I guess ?

You can see my mailbox in lower right. The huge square pole you see on left has stopped more than one car already from coming into my living room !
He missed the pole by about five to ten feet and went into bushes and chain link fence.
73bdb258.jpg

Bike is all black so it's hard for me to tell what kind it is ?
Right above bike you can see mailbox and under it rider is sitting on the ground. You can just barely make out the helmet on ground next to him.
eb6b4a96.jpg

Pretty decent impact
24618255.jpg

Suv that got hit. They turned around and came back up.
Damage is on other side and I couldn't walk out into road to snap a pic of it .
6a0b37d8.jpg

Not sure what was the cause of the accident but almost every holiday one happens right in same spot. All related to the fact this is just about the only S turn anywhere around and folks forget how to steer and drive straight thru it hitting an oncoming vehicle.
Just another example of how things can go wrong in a split second.
On what is one of the most important nights in the world to many this guy almost lost his life.
Be careful out there.

Used to be an R6/R1, glad hes okay.

Is that what it was ? I was only able to walk up onto it because it happened right in front of my house . Beyond it and south of incident they were not letting anyone thru . I took a few pics , found the rider to see his status and went back inside. There was nothing I could do or offer as he was already in good hands and I saw nothing.

Thats what the tail looks like to me, poor guy, there is never a "good" day to wreck, but some seem worse...

Sorry to hear about that happening. Definitely a tough night to have it happen. Hope the rider is okay.

that sucks for him, but look on the bright side where i live its 12 degrees right now. atleast oyu can ride

Back