Thanks for the love.

notright

I'm the Pugh take a wiff
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys just checking in. I wanted to thank you for the well wishes and prayers. Sick about the bike but, glad to be alive.

For all the PETA members I would like to say no animals were hurt during this gear testing.

Testing Results:

1. Shoie helment ***** ( Not even a headache)
2. Alpinestar Jacket*** ( Mostly did it's job. Seperated from pants, wore
through.......in hind sight leather would have been better.)
3. Suzuki Leather Pants***** ( Only bruises. Pants can be worn again)
4. Axo Boots**** ( Just got "em 2 weeks ago. Left foot is broken but, may
have saved me a broken leg.)
5. Joerocket Gloves ** ( knuckle padding not thick enough. Still had some
road rash, gauntlet style would have been better.)
6. Friends 10 out of 5 stars. Mojo (Mark) and Rodney, thank you both for
helping me and for picking up the pieces for me and getting me home to
my family. I really needed you and you were there. Of course, Mark you
have always been there for me, haven't you!

Last but, certainly not least my wife. I can't imagine being gimped up and
having to stay home with anyone else but her. Her only concern was that I
was alright. She started crying when she saw my helment.

What have I learned?

2 years and 10 months ago I lost my 17 year old son, Alex, in a car accident. I have been mad at God for quiet some time. This has been a great place to go when I could not sleep for thinking about his accident. The loss of my son was devistating and it made me question everything, even God's existance. This is my second wreck, on my bike, in 2 years. The first wreck could have easily been fatal. The second wreck I learned something. It helped me with the fears I had about Alex's accident. Did my son suffer? This doubt has been slowly killing me. Sunday when I had my get off, I went down hard. But I never felt any pain until I was sitting on the side of the road putting my little toe back in socket. This may sound absurd but, sometimes we need perspective. This wreck has actually helped put me at ease about my son's accident.God just took him He did not hurt him. It took my own accident for me to see that God is merciful. He does exist and He has a plan.

Christmas is a very difficult time for those of us who have suffered the loss of a loved one. Especially a child. My wife has built a website to help others grieving the loss of a loved one. If you have lost a loved one please click on this link Home Home

Im sorry for your lost, God does has a plan even when things seen not right to us, he does, we just dont see it like he does. I imagine that loosing a love one might make you do things that you normaly won't do, take it easy and I hope you recover fast. My condolence to you and your family. Have a nice and peaceful Christmas .

Sorry for the lost of your child. I glad that you are fine and that you write about all this. I have not experience the lost of child, but one thing I can tell you God is in control, something we think that He is not there and that we are alone but He is just there waiting for us to come ant talk to him.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:3-4

23The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Psalm 37:23

thank you for sharing. My prayers are with you during this time of the season and the loss of your son. I must say though this thread was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. He had asked me to read it and get back with him with my thoughts. But before I had a chance to read it, and as I was taking care of something I found myself praying aloud to God. I haven't been feeling good at all lately and I have gone to the doctors twice already and they can find nothing wrong with me. So like any desperate person I turned to God and prayed for Him to heal my mind and body. This is not a normal routine for me to talk to God aloud but during the holidays I have witness some pretty heartbreaking stuff, such as a man being hit by a car trying to cross the street, a rider crashing into a tree which in both instances were fatal. The abuse people inflict on animals, and people making fun of those less fortunate and overweight and now this. All of these instances can make a person stop in their tracks and really re-evaluate their own lives and how grateful we need to be especially to be alive. I have no idea what is going on with my own health at this point but I do know God can and will heal me if He is sought. The thing I need to remember is that God is not a sometimes God, He is an all the time God and no matter whether live is going good or bad I need to always talk to Him and then listen. I am grateful you are alive to share your story with us and my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Sorry about your son! I can't imagine the pain if I lost mine? We all loose loved ones and we all suffer that loss. We all deal with the loss on different levels and it's up to each individual as to how the pain is dealt with. Emotional pain will decrease with time but your memories will never die. I wish you well in this journey of pain!

I do want to know how you managed to put that little toe back into it's socket! Makes me shiver just thinking about it! :fire:

And maybe that deer who escaped unscathed wasn't a deer at all but a big cat with nine lives? :angel:

So sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing. My prayers and best wishes for you and family.

Coby, nice to hear from you. Can you share any details on the crash? Insurance gonna cover ya? A deer got me a couple years ago and it can happen to anyone, anytime. State Farm did a great job in covering me even bought a new Arai for me.

Nice to hear your new perspectives and I hope you mend quickly.

:beerchug:

Thank you for sharing deeply personal issues in your life with us, and thank you for your efforts to shed light on your crash, both subjects aid us all in many ways. I don't know if there is a master plan or it's all random, I do know that deep thinking people (like you) rise to the top every time. Doyle

I do want to know how you managed to put that little toe back into it's socket! Makes me shiver just thinking about it! :fire:

I can tell you this........"that little piggy went wee-wee-wee":laugh:

Scootergirl: Thank you and I appreciate your sharing your story with me. I will be praying for your health and peace of mind. I know these visions can be haunting and burdensome.

My wife's website is about our trials and the trials of others. It is still under construction but, she welcomes others that wish to share their story. The purpose is for us to help each other.

Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year.

thank you for sharing. My prayers are with you during this time of the season and the loss of your son. I must say though this thread was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. He had asked me to read it and get back with him with my thoughts. But before I had a chance to read it, and as I was taking care of something I found myself praying aloud to God. I haven't been feeling good at all lately and I have gone to the doctors twice already and they can find nothing wrong with me. So like any desperate person I turned to God and prayed for Him to heal my mind and body. This is not a normal routine for me to talk to God aloud but during the holidays I have witness some pretty heartbreaking stuff, such as a man being hit by a car trying to cross the street, a rider crashing into a tree which in both instances were fatal. The abuse people inflict on animals, and people making fun of those less fortunate and overweight and now this. All of these instances can make a person stop in their tracks and really re-evaluate their own lives and how grateful we need to be especially to be alive. I have no idea what is going on with my own health at this point but I do know God can and will heal me if He is sought. The thing I need to remember is that God is not a sometimes God, He is an all the time God and no matter whether live is going good or bad I need to always talk to Him and then listen. I am grateful you are alive to share your story with us and my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

A good friend would have kissed it:dunno:

Coby, nice to hear from you. Can you share any details on the crash? Insurance gonna cover ya? A deer got me a couple years ago and it can happen to anyone, anytime. State Farm did a great job in covering me even bought a new Arai for me.

Nice to hear your new perspectives and I hope you mend quickly.

:beerchug:

Insurance adjuster comes out today. State Farm has always treated us great.

I can not imagine that pain. I don't think I'd survive losing my daughter.

hey Coby glad your well enough to write about the accident, didnt know about your son, RIP, a close friend of mine lost his as well (bike accident 2 years ago) cant even imagine what you guys go thru, i would prob would be mad also, just glad your putting things together for ur self and the heeling part of it, my best friend is not handling things the same he since moved from the state without telling anyone except work...oh well one of these days he will get it together and figure it out...

let us know if we can do anything for ya here on the ORG...

just glad you are still with us and things are going to be ok...there are always going to be trials in our lives, it is our job to trust Him to carry us through...thanks for sharing your story

Mojo, you just are not right!!! :lol:

Your story brought some tears to my eyes...not like when you told the peanut butter and jam joke...but heartfelt tears.

Glad you are alright brother......

Your story brought some tears to my eyes...not like when you told the peanut butter and jam joke...but heartfelt tears.

Glad you are alright brother......

Amen!! Times are tough, rough things happening in peoples lives. Good to see you are alright and renewing your faith. God bless you and your wife, I know that your loss is almost unbearable, but keep the faith!!

Back