WOW that blows 2k11 zx10 recall

We were chattin about it here last week. I guess Kawi still hasnt told anyone why they recall is happening.

Wow 55 pages of speculation ?
I read first page, twenty something page and last one.
All are just "well I dunno, I heard....."
Nobody actually dynoed their bike to see how much it was making ?

It is strange how they flat out want the bikes delivered back ?

I believe one guy did his put down 170 stock but others say 150ish dunno like you said alot of speculation in that thread. Maybe one of our dealer friends can chime in.

I think Garth285 did, got different numbers from different dyno's tho so...

A friend of mine is on 10R, he says Garth knows his Ninja's, so i look for his posts. Not sure of the credibility of the others.

Well isn't this funny we got Wayne and Garth in the thread now !
Waynes World partytime woo...ooh....woo...ooh
Party on Garth :)

The new 10R's done in the US. Its basically been aborted in the market through all the problems its had. The current economy just won't allow for this kind of overall failure to launch. Too bad, it sounds like its going to be a ripping bike in Europe if it holds together :laugh: One reason I prefer suzuki's, they always perform at the top of their class, you can never go wrong buying one, and in my experience have always been as reliable as bricks :thumbsup: :beerchug:

and in my experience have always been as reliable as bricks :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Im not bad mouthing Suzuki, I love them, but in the past they
have been no better than the rest, and in some cases have
been quite slack in putting things right.

The "full power" ZX10 models slipping through the net and sold in the US's
"restriced model" market seems a bit odd, when other full power countrys
are getting theirs sent back too.

Im sure time will tell.

Last edited:
I believe one guy did his put down 170 stock but others say 150ish dunno like you said alot of speculation in that thread. Maybe one of our dealer friends can chime in.

Nothing but blind guessing going on, I have been checking Kawasaki daily to find an update nothing so far.

Hot off the presses !
They are recalling the bikes because some slipped thru with Busa motors in them and are too fast :)

Yes, they must be taking quite a hit on straight up buying the sold bikes back

You'd think so, but the articles I read said only about 12 of them were actually delivered to customers, so this isn't as big a deal as it initially sounds.

So far I'm 2 for 2 with Suzuki no problems (big) but Lest we forget the frame recall on the 1K's a few years back seems like when someone comes out with something radically new it literally breaks the mold. I hope for the Kawi peoples sake that this issue is resolved I would go nuts if I couldn't get the bike I wanted and had been waiting for.

The new 10R's done in the US. Its basically been aborted in the market through all the problems its had. The current economy just won't allow for this kind of overall failure to launch. Too bad, it sounds like its going to be a ripping bike in Europe if it holds together :laugh: One reason I prefer suzuki's, they always perform at the top of their class, you can never go wrong buying one, and in my experience have always been as reliable as bricks :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Guess you didn't own a Gixxer 1K, recalled to have the frame epoxied to prevent it from breaking.

Guess you didn't own a Gixxer 1K, recalled to have the frame epoxied to prevent it from breaking.

Did anyone have one break while riding?

The only ones I saw break were after a crash and some hit cement walls so I didn't expect it to survive. I think it was more or less a precautionary to keep them from getting sued but what do I know...

Now the ZX14 frames snapping while riding, I did see a few people with those issues. Same with the ZX10 frames cracking...

I owned a 2005 gsxr1000 and there was no recall. If you can prove any of that as fact, I'll apologize for what I'm thinking of you right now...
I'm a big guy and I wheelied the crap outta that thing and it never had an issue. If you believe everything you read on an internet forum, you are going to lead a very very paranoid and also boring life... Now take that back!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Back