xenon headlights

busamark1

Registered
Whasssup !!! Ummm just wondering if anyone is running xenon headlights? If so what type of lighting is recommended for night driving? I see their are all diffrent types ranging from 3000K on up. Anyone here have the skinny on this?

6K high and low beams. IMO leave the high beam stock as the HID's take a few seconds (up to 30) to get fully lit up. I wish I would have left mine stock as I really liked the "pass" switch.

the lower the number the more visible light. there are plenty of sites out there that show colors, 3700 is yellowish, i believe the same color as sunlight. may not be as visible during daytime/dusk, 5k white, after that they get deeper blue less light until they start to turn violet.

they take a min to warm up so no flashing high beams for any reason.

your light is gonna go everywhere in the stock housing, possibly into oncoming traffics eyes. a retro fit is the best way to go.

the lower the number the more visible light. there are plenty of sites out there that show colors, 3700 is yellowish, i believe the same color as sunlight. may not be as visible during daytime/dusk, 5k white, after that they get deeper blue less light until they start to turn violet.

your light is gonna go everywhere in the stock housing, possibly into oncoming traffics eyes. a retro fit is the best way to go.

I want light because I live out of town. I went with 5k on the low and 4500 on the high. Just a hint of blue on the low and white on the high, both 55 watt.
I have been told it looks like a train is coming.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Single-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

Last edited:
6K high and low beams. IMO leave the high beam stock as the HID's take a few seconds (up to 30) to get fully lit up. I wish I would have left mine stock as I really liked the "pass" switch.

Just use your starter button to flash to pass. Once bike is running it won't engage starter but will kill lights so you can flash to pass.

Once warm you can flash them all you want.
If you do flash they instantly relight with no problems.

To the op just get HIDs as their cost is same if not less than cost of just a xenon bulb.

Just use your starter button to flash to pass. Once bike is running it won't engage starter but will kill lights so you can flash to pass.

Once warm you can flash them all you want.
If you do flash they instantly relight with no problems.

To the op just get HIDs as their cost is same if not less than cost of just a xenon bulb.

riding with your high beam on can get you in as much trouble as not being seen. esp with hids.

riding with your high beam on can get you in as much trouble as not being seen. esp with hids.

Actually in the Florida motorcycle handbook it recommends riding with them on to help others see you. Not trying to argue with you and I imagine in some dimly lit country roads both of them on may upset folks but here almost all the roads are lit up very well at night. In fact I drove home the other night in my accord without my headlights on and only noticed they werent on when I parked in the driveway and went to turn them off. I ride with both beams on all the time and have never once been flashed by an oncoming vehicle. Again I understand in another place it may upset someone and I'm not trying to argue with you.

Back