GSXR 1K Stock Lowering Link Pic

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have a picture of the rear link in stock form? I have a lowered bike and links and want a picture to see what it should look like before I try an put it back to proper height.

Last edited:
Nope! We left Ocala at 7:00am this morning and it was in the 50s or so. By the time we got home to Chattanooga it was waaaay cooooler. It is a nice 22 degrees out now. No riding for me tonight.

Can you walk outside of the dragon or skyway in shorts and t shirt in mid December like you can in Florida though ?

Thanks for the link sir...I have about figured this thing out. I am looking at pics and microfiche to get her back to stock form. I don't know how to support the bike to replace the rear link yet, but still looking.

Here ya go Charlie!

Linky!

Stabilize the bike with a front and rear pitbull type stands. Block up the rear using the exhaust converter with a floor jack. The floor jack will allow you to move the main frame up and down to take the load off the shock once the lowering links are off you can raise the mainframe to the proper height to install the stock links!

Easy squeezy job. An hour or so should have you in business.

Also, loosen the fork clamps and drop the forks down. Set the exposed fork caps at 9mm above the top clamp.

DONE!

^^^ what he said:whistle:

A second set of hands is helpfull to, its hard to judge if the bike is doin something it shouldnt when you under it doin the links.

Here's the pics you asked for Charlie!

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Oops, i used a inch tape instead of metric. However, the correct height is 7mm from the tree to the top of the FORK TUBE itself (don't include the cap which is where i think SteveO got 9mm as that would be about correct too.)

Also:
Front Fork Lower Clamp Bolt: 16.5 ft. lbs
Front Fork Cap Bolt: 16.5 ft. lbs.
Front Fork Upper Clamp Bolt: 16.5
Handlebar Clamp Bolt: 16.5 ft lbs.

PM me an email address and I'll send you the .pdf of the page in the manual that shows all the pics and measurements....

Page 8-27 of the manual.

Last edited:
I can't convert the .pdf on my home machine, but hopefully you can open this word doc that has the pic in it!

Attachments

• 8-27.doc
    394 KB · Views: 205
And here is the page with the dogbone skematic...

Attachments

• 8-55.doc
    261 KB · Views: 164
There is gonna be a raising party at my house on Thursday. Omaha Steaks around.

Thanks Keith!

There is gonna be a raising party at my house on Thursday. Omaha Steaks around.

Thanks Keith!

I'll take mine medium Charlie! :beerchug:

Looking forward to sharing the track with you (until you pass me, that is!) this coming season! Let me know when you guys head for the Dragon I'm not that far away!

Next mods you need to make:
-Galfer Superbike Front Lines
-EBC Extreme Pro Front Pads

P.S. I'm now gonna have to be on my toes to keep one-upping you (I put these on tonight) :thumbsup:

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

P.S. I'm now gonna have to be on my toes to keep one-upping you (I put these on tonight) :thumbsup:

OMG young man, those are so gey! You show up at the track with those gey silver Vortex rearsets on that black frame and some one will end up making you sit down quite gingerly for the following few days! :moon:

Oh dude, lift that shift lever up a tad before you break it. You don't want the shifter to touch the pavement before the peg does! You'll reach for that puppy some time and it will be gone! :whistle:

Back