I know what my Busa is missing!

MEBusa

Registered
I was riding the Busa today to the local auto parts store, to get an oil filter for my truck. While I was riding, I thought, it would be nice to have an on board temperature gauge, to let you know what the "current" temperature is, while riding. It wasn't cold out at all today however, (about 52 deg ambient).

What do you all think?

I was riding the Busa today to the local auto parts store, to get an oil filter for my truck. While I was riding, I thought, it would be nice to have an on board temperature gauge, to let you know what the "current" temperature is, while riding. It wasn't cold out at all today however, (about 52 deg ambient).

What do you all think?
I have often though that would be great idea, especially since the FI system measures incoming air temp, it's almost free if they would make it display as original equipment.

I guess it can't get too hot to ride. But on the low end, everybody's got there limit. Mine is 50 degrees so far, with the current riding gear I have. If I set out to ride, near that temp. & it drops below, and I can bear it. That's good to know IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd just put on a guage that has a picture of thin coat and Summer glove or ski coat and coveralls~!~ :laugh:

Like this? Cost about $2.

IMG_0284.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup: i'd like a thermometer. sometimes it makes me feel warmer, most of the time it just reminds me how cold it is.:laugh:
my father inlaws vison has a thermometer, my busa does not, yet.

Most useless gauge I can think of on a car much less a bike :whistle: :laugh:

Living in Miami i could understand that... But up here... the touring crowd find them useful in the spring and fall watching for BLACK ICE...

Another source of info... in this day and age we can never have too much info.:laugh:

snow and ice covering ground here....... several consecutive days of near zero (F) temps.... I'll reword subject....

My Mind and BUTT are missing my Busa! Not even Winter and I'm counting days to Spring..

I have just a dial one from local autoparts store. Works fine except on hot days, bike heats it up and it's 140 degrees out. :laugh:

I went to my grand daughters play the other day and it was 23 deg and I met a guy riding an old Honda (maybe a 750 or so). No fearing or anything and I thought what a nut. Come to find out that is all the guy had to get around on. I just don't think I can ride when its that cold. I guess hes just use to it.

Back