Brrrrrr

CWCobra

Registered
Rode the 'Busa yesterday...it was 17 degrees...brrrrr.
Had fun, tho'.

I only rode for about 45 minutes, but did not see any other bikes.

CW

:thumbsup: any ride is better than no ride at all.
im in the middle of a pretty good snow storm. might have a foot at my place before it's all said and done.
"i'm dreaming of a white christmas." :laugh:
:rudolph:

careful out there, frozen roads are slick:beerchug:

Talked to my dad in Wisconsin today.

Two feet of snow in front of the garage & 10 degrees out. :laugh:

(too deep for plow, had to use the front end loader to dig out) :laugh:

Rode to work this morning, it was 9 degrees. It's only 13 miles one way, which isn't too bad.

Off today and wanted to ride but the salt on the roads kept me from doing it.

Smart thinking!
Salt on the roads can be amazingly destructable to a bike. I made mistake of riding on salted roads a couple of winters ago. Corrosion popped up in unimaginable places!!!

Stay outta the salt!!

CW

Smart thinking!
Salt on the roads can be amazingly destructable to a bike. I made mistake of riding on salted roads a couple of winters ago. Corrosion popped up in unimaginable places!!!

Stay outta the salt!!

CW

The roads are dry but there's just way too much salt from the other day. I don't mind the temperature or the wind. I've ridden in cold and windy day many times before. Salt is one thing I don't mess with.

You know how I take care of my baby.:laugh:

Man, it was about 35 deg in the Carolina's (High of the day), and I though it was too cold then. Are you guys using heated gear, or just the heavy insulated textile gear?

Man, it was about 35 deg in the Carolina's (High of the day), and I though it was too cold then. Are you guys using heated gear, or just the heavy insulated textile gear?

whall blizzard proof coveralls = forest service snomobile suit :thumbsup:

In CT, they pre-treat the roads with either a liquid solution of magnesium chloride and sugar, or, a salt water solution. This is done before the first snow appears. Gives the roads a dusty white appearance.

I usually ride all year, but this year work and other issues have kept me off the bike so far this winter. I do notice the corrosion.

I was wearing my normal hi-vis neon yellow insulated jacket, full-face helmet w/ neck gaiter, el cheapo ski gloves from LL Bean, and Dickies brand jeans. I usually wear over-pants, but rode without them this time (bad move). I was very comfortable, except for my knees, which got uncomfortably cold in the 17 degrees + wind chill. I'm sure in my over pants, I could have ridden much more comfortably. But I ran out of daylight anyhow - so it really didn't matter that much.

CW

Back