Newbie to the forum - early Busa

Northants

Registered
Hi all, just joined the forum, I live in the UK, been riding bikes for near enough 30 years now, had a Busa a few years ago which I changed for a GSXR1000 K7 in 2007, which I wrote off this year but im now back with another Busa, a 1999 model in incredible condition after being stored for most of its life, it was on the original tyres when I viewed it..

I also have a SRAD which is going to be a road/track day tool but that needs some fettling over the winter..

Some pics attached.

Looking forward to have a browse around the forums..

bus8.jpg

bus0.jpg

bus9.jpg

BUS1.jpg

BUS3.jpg

WOW look at that....pristine condition original busa...soooo...just curious....what did you have to give to get your hands on THAT baby....Change out those original tires they are waay too old to trust!

There is a thread today about which Gen Busa a guy should buy...He needs to see this bike. Beautiful, simply Beautiful! :thumbsup:

a most excellent find, indeed. Congrats and welcome.
P.S. What year SRAD do you have? I always liked the 96-99 body style the most (I had 2 of them in the past).

There is a thread today about which Gen Busa a guy should buy...He needs to see this bike. Beautiful, simply Beautiful! :thumbsup:

I read that...honest answer, I could have bought a brand new Gen 2 Busa, test drove one as well but IMHO the original gained the reputation and status of the bike that the Gen 2 doesnt quite live up to..and astheticly, its not quite so pleasing. Its a huuuge debate but either bike is a stonking buy, the bottom end is the best part of it, honestly, when I picked my K71000 up I thought it was so weak low down, a PC and new system helped with that but it was in the Busa's shadow.

Ive changed the tyres already and im keeping the ally subframe! My original had one and i never had a problem, id like to keep it as stock as poss but ive changed the cans to Delkevics

As soon as I saw this one i had to have it anyway, some more pics and one of the SRAD, its a 600, I bought it cheap as it'd been over, it runs OKish ,carburation is miles out but it stop and steers sweet enough..slowly but surely its coming around.

SUBFRAME.jpg

bus55.JPG

bus22.JPG

busa4.jpg

bussrad2.jpg

:welcome::welcome::welcome: here's a little motivation for you...that's if you wanna go custom!

I admire the engineering in that bud but as I just read in another post

"Originally Posted by AJAY View Post
Despite having been manufactured in fairly big numbers, stock Hayabusas for sale are relatively scarce, since they are one of the most customized and hot-rodded motorcycles of all time."

Mine will stay 100% stock after making it through the last 12 years as it is.

Back