Which Gen Busa?

Big Bo

Registered
I want a Busa. Next year I will own a Busa. My delima is which to get, a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 Busa. I ride a 2002 Bandit 1200 that I have put 42,000 miles on. I hear that the Gen 1 has some vibes, it can`t be as bad as the air cooled Bandit motor. I will be willing to spend around $7500, less if I could. I like the looks of both body styles. I just don`t know if I should go for a Gen 1 or a Gen 2. I guess if I find a Gen 2 at a great price I should jump on it.

I know a guy that has a Kaw 14 and he wants to ride. Gen 1 or Gen 2? Help?

The gen II got a few updates... I'd love to have one, as long as it's the black and orange one! Some guys hate the new tails (I do) some guys love 'em.

My advice is to buy the lowest mileage, most well maintained, newest bike you can afford.

If you like the looks of the Gen 2 get the extra cc's I think it has better calipers also. So if you can stand that tail section I think you should be able to find a deal on a Gen2 at that price range:thumbsup:

My advice is to buy the lowest mileage, most well maintained, newest bike you can afford.

+100...hard to argue with these words of wisdom :thumbsup:

Good reading here: Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Specifications - 1999 Vs 2008

I will be willing to spend around $7500, less if I could. I guess if I find a Gen 2 at a great price I should jump on it.

I think you should...$7000 OK :)
http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcy/2082225591.html

Here's one for $7200: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2108450326.html

Last edited:
I want a Busa. Next year I will own a Busa. My delima is which to get, a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 Busa. I ride a 2002 Bandit 1200 that I have put 42,000 miles on. I hear that the Gen 1 has some vibes, it can`t be as bad as the air cooled Bandit motor. I will be willing to spend around $7500, less if I could. I like the looks of both body styles. I just don`t know if I should go for a Gen 1 or a Gen 2. I guess if I find a Gen 2 at a great price I should jump on it.

I know a guy that has a Kaw 14 and he wants to ride. Gen 1 or Gen 2? Help?
Well if you want to keep up with your buddy get a genII, cause the 14 will walk away from the genI busa, and so will a genII busa. Plus the genII is just a more refined ride. But a well modded genI can still hold its own just fine if you do decide to go that route, you'll just need more (secret) mods than your buds 14 lol. But mod for mod the 2nd gen busa and 14 will be quicker if thats a factor for you.

I am on my second Gen II and never had a Gen I but did have lots of Bandits. Don't try to compare the Busa to the Bandit though, very different animals.
Are you on Maxzuki forum?

I am on my second Gen II and never had a Gen I but did have lots of Bandits. Don't try to compare the Busa to the Bandit though, very different animals.
Are you on Maxzuki forum?

Reg`d yes. Don`t get on much anymore. The insider politics killed it for me.

If your only a limited budget, there are worse ways to spend a few K

However if your budget is for a new bike, as mine was, a new Busa wouldnt be on the list, sorry but bottom end of the motor aside, there are far more exciting bikes to ride in 2010/11 in a stock format, the reasons to buy a Busa now are not as strong as they once where when the Busa was one of a kind in the late 90's, early 2000's.

The new model rides on the reputation of the older, ground breaking bike, the new one IMHO needs seriously updating already to carry that mantle on and will never be as sought after...and it looks far, far worse.

Id well imagine the sales figures from 1999 to 2010 reflect that fact as well..

Stock for stock, Gen 2. If you are planning to modify, Gen 1 is a better choice, IMO. Do the math, see whats out there, what you want to do, and how much you have to spend. I can tell you that a Gen 1 is a better platform to start with if you are planning a turbo build . . .:laugh:

No turbo for me. I just want a bike that I can go on. I like to do 200 mile days. I am in California and want to do some long distance rides. Call me crazy, but I want to ride from California to Tenn and then on to Ga. Stay in both places for a few days with family, turn around and head back home.

I like speed, power, and going fast, but as Clint said, man has got to know his limitations.
There are times and places to go fast.

I have liked the Busa for years and in a few months will have the money to buy one. :laugh:

Back