Gen II bodywork

O3Busa

Registered
i am on my 2nd gen I busa and i really like the body work of the new models. does anyone know if the nose and side fairings of the 2nd gen will bolt on the 1st gens? i have a 2002 now with 10 over polished swingarm and really like the new bodywork except the tail end. i see alot of older busas with the new tail end but i want to do the opposite if it isnt too hard? aany feedback would be appreciated. all my information comes for this forum and i cant find what im lookin for! thanks guys

oh and has anybody sent their parts to all things chrome.net? i like chrome but im skeptical about how long my bike will be in pieces before i can put it back together.

Wont bolt right up, Gen2's dont have holes for fasteners to tie into the nose. Can certainly be done, but alot of bodywork and modding would be needed.

Not sure what the turn around is from ATC, check with Sponsor Jon Reed at Sportchrome, sponors keep the lights on.

Last edited:
well thanks for the info. i dont think i dislike the 1st gen bodywork enough to put some hours into changin it. i do have to paint my bike now but that'll be simple. hard part is pickin the color. thanks again

well thanks for the info. i dont think i dislike the 1st gen bodywork enough to put some hours into changin it. i do have to paint my bike now but that'll be simple. hard part is pickin the color. thanks again

No problem, good luck on the colors. :thumbsup:

are you sure the new bodywork wont fit the first gen? although i have not seen a 2nd gen without fairings in person i have taken mine apart quite a bit and from the pictures of a 2nd gen, the frames look very similar. looks like id have to get new air intake as well.

are you sure the new bodywork wont fit the first gen? although i have not seen a 2nd gen without fairings in person i have taken mine apart quite a bit and from the pictures of a 2nd gen, the frames look very similar. looks like id have to get new air intake as well.

The frames are the same. It can be done, but the plastic won't just bolt on. You would need alot of parts that aren't visible too. Probably a couple grand once you round up everything you need, and quite a bit of work.

They will fit but you will have to change quite a bit of parts out. I believe the fairing stays, and a lot of the little parts underneath will have to be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it would prob be more cost effective to buy a gen2 and put an old tail on it. if you can swing it finacially, you could buy the gen2 swap the arms and tails and have all you want with a better engine. then sell the gen1 and be in it for close to the same money.

Last edited:
that was one of my challenges, when I had both in the garage, the side panels will fit, but you will also needfrom the gen II
1. the nose and the gauges (+ the faring stay)
2. the air ram tubes
3. rear suspension bracket or the bellypan wont fit at all
4. radiator brackets that will support the side panels
5. remove the gen I collant thank and relocate to the gen II set up..

this is still much better than buying a Gen II

Drill 2 holes in the frame so the sided pop in also..

Its been done and atc great company to deal with have many times and believe they go threw Sport chrome..!!

gen I has the holes as well, just covered with a gromet, and the bottom ones are a simple a bracket that attaches to the motor and the radiator support.

Last edited:
Back