Die hard rider

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I saw this guy at work last monday and took this pic. Im not sure why he rode in, but he did. A co-worker saw him leave later that day, he brought a blow torch with him! I guess he was heating the either the stator or clutch cover before the bike would start. :laugh:

He was there again today....

597036631_2126557514_0.jpeg

I dont know what to say.... haha i love riding more then anything in the world but no way youll ever catch me and my bike out in that! Snow is a no go. :rofl: But to each his own i guess. I suppose id be much more likely to ride in that with that bike over the busa though. :laugh:

i rode through a winter on a 9' kz 750b chopper. back and forth to school in a foot of snow. had no choice, it was my only vehicle.
"sometimes its about have to, not want to."

Maybe he lost a bet? Or maybe on his site instead of a picture game they play a dare game?

For me it's not even the thought of the difficulties of riding in the snow that bothers me. I think I could get over that.. But it's knowing that you can't have snow unless it has gotten pretty cold.... And knowing that cold is f*f*f*f*f***ing cold on a bike that would have gotten me to catch a bus if it was my only mode of transpo.

Maybe he lost a bet? Or maybe on his site instead of a picture game they play a dare game?

For me it's not even the thought of the difficulties of riding in the snow that bothers me. I think I could get over that.. But it's knowing that you can't have snow unless it has gotten pretty cold.... And knowing that cold is f*f*f*f*f***ing cold on a bike that would have gotten me to catch a bus if it was my only mode of transpo.

I took this pic when I left work today, poor guy...

temp.jpeg

That is one tuff rider... I wonder if he eats raw road kill or cooks it with the blow torch on the side of the road?

When I first started street riding my only vehicle was a street bike for financial reasons, And I lived in a rural area with no bus service. So I rode in whatever mother nature tossed my way...snow, rain, ice, hail etc. You actually learn to prepare for and get used to it. I only got hypothermia once......true story :laugh: Once I got my first car all that changed though, but I developed some great bad weather riding skills from those early days that have saved my butt multiple times, and made me an overall better and more confident rider in all conditions :thumbsup:

Guy i used to work with rode 365 days a year, in the winter he had this milk crate training wheels setup he would put on and head to work, somewhere i have pics.

My buddies riding his nightster everyday as we speak while his trucks down, of course its been 65 degrees the last 2 weeks in colorado???

It could be worse...he could be having to KICK start in 17 degrees and snow on the ground~!~

When I lived in Boulder, CO, I would ride my Ninja 600 into work in the morning and have nice weather. On the way home 6" of snow on the ground. Just put my feet out like outriggers and rode through it.

Stopping was the scariest part.

maybe he lives two blocks away ???

I'ev had a fwe hairy commutes on a bike. There's never any kind of enjoyment with those kinds of rides. I feel for him. :welcome:

It could be worse...he could be having to KICK start in 17 degrees and snow on the ground~!~

:laugh: the year i rode all winter the electric start didn't have the umph to start it, so i would shovel out the kickstarter, kick her started, and then let her melt herself out of the previous nights snowdrift for the next 1/2 hr while she warmed up.:beerchug:

ahh the memories :rofl: im soo glad i have a nice warm shop where most my running bikes live. all cozy and out of the weather.:thumbsup:

I was in Washington DC last week.

Drove from there to Philly and then to Gettysburg. I was on the interstates all day.

I did not see 1 bike. Not 1.

Can't blame them really....bloody freezing...

:whistle:

Back