Just a small observation regarding Sea Foam

IG.

Registered
'01 with about 30k miles. Just for maintanence purposes I added Sea Foam to a full tank of gas (5 oz), idled for a few minutes, and shut off. Didn't have a chance to ride for two weeks.

I start the bike with the choke always ON. Usually, the bike starts within 0.5 - 1.0 sec of cranking, closer to 1.0 - 1.5 sec if I didn't ride for a while. Even with the choke ON rpm stays low for 10 - 20 sec, and then gradually goes higher as the engine warms up. That's what I am used to.

This time, I couldn't even estimate the cranking time - the bike started instantly. It didn't stay at low rpm even for second. Went right to higher rpm as if the engine was already warmed up.

No other changes were made, so I can attribute my observation to Sea Foam only.

I am curious to know what are personal observations of others who used Sea Foam.

sea foam cleans and really helps motor functions out. I use it all the time and have for a long time in everythig i have.do a search there was another thread just started not to long ago maybe a month about its use and how good it is.

Ive used it for awhile in all my vehicals, never really noticed it doin anything. That hasnt stopped me tho, maybe thier all just clean already:whistle:

ive checked around..where do you get the sea foam additive at?..

thanks

The regular sea foam that comes in a can is in and of itself the additive. It can be used in many different ways, fuel additive being just one of them. It's a great product.

you can dump a can in your oil too, right before an oil change, run it for a couple mins, then change the oil. it turns blaaaaaaaaaaack. well, on second thought, i'm not sure what effect seafoam has on clutch packs, but it works great in your vehicle.

I use it in everything during the Winter time, and keep 4 five gallon gas jugs with Sea Foam mixed in that way it keeps going through whatever I and running around the house.

I started using it when I worked at carquest and all the guys that raced used it and the Harley guys said was only thing they could use in their harleys that would no screw the bikes up. If it can make a Harley run better it has to be good!! I use it in everything I own and it keeps gas from turning bad if your bike sits too.

yes, i've put seafoam directly into my rotary (rx8). What I do is pull the spark plugs, pour sea foam into the plug holes, turn the engine over, and repeat x3. Then let it sit overnight.

I do distilled water into the engine via vacuum tubes to clean out the carbon. You can't hydrolock a rotary :)

yes, i've put seafoam directly into my rotary (rx8). What I do is pull the spark plugs, pour sea foam into the plug holes, turn the engine over, and repeat x3. Then let it sit overnight.

I do distilled water into the engine via vacuum tubes to clean out the carbon. You can't hydrolock a rotary :)

But on the busa? Im skeptical. Saw it done on a car but im wondering if it will work so well on a busa... Someone said to get a spray bottle and spray it into the intake with the air box off on another seafoam thread...

as long as you don't lock the engine, I'm sure you can use seafoam in it. They use it on the piston cars, rotary cars, and I know they use it on the diesel forums too.

lock the engine ??? doesnt sound too good. I think ill just stick to mixing it in the gas...

as long as you don't lock the engine, I'm sure you can use seafoam in it. They use it on the piston cars, rotary cars, and I know they use it on the diesel forums too.
Gotta watch putting fluids down the spark plug holes. As long as you leave the plugs out and crank the motor you're fine, but if you fill the cylinder with too much liquid, then put the plug back in and try to crank it over, you'll hydrolock the motor, which can sometimes bend a rod, or damage the starter clutch assembly. Not good :banghead:

Back