'99 '00 exhaust tips

moloko

Banned
I was gonna pick up a set of baffled exhaust tips. I can't find any application specific.

On the '99 / '00 the midpipes have to be cut off, cuz they're welded. Before I do that, does anyone know the inside diameter of the pipe? Or should I go with the outside diameter instead? IE: to fit the tip either inside or over the outside of the pipe.

The pipe has a big seam on the outside going lengthwise so unless I grind it down I didn't think I'd get a very good seal, was prolly gonna go with clamps instead of welding for now... although welding isn't out of the question.

I just didn't want it to be even more of a pain if I wanted to swap it again (being welded) Guess I could find another set of midpipes, but then I just have more crap cluttering up my garage.

Going for the look like Demmym(spell)'s old bike 'misty'

I found a link with a 'search' for some headman tips.. says 2.5 in inner diameter.

Anyone know if these are the proper size for my bike? or should I just hack it off and measure it? :laugh:

Or if I can measure it with the stock cans off, are the midpipes the same diameter as the header pipe? I'd suppose the midpipe slips over the header and should be the diameter I need to do away with them?

Stoopid welded on midpipes! grrrrr

Sorry if these are stoopid questions.

I appreciate the responses.

Think with the stock pipes you just take off the cans and clamp the tips to that pipe right where it connects to the muffler pipes, lot of guys running the hot tips. If i remember right think he just bought an adapter from autozone and clamped it all up.

Back