Lets see, what's your Dream Trip?

TWT racer

Registered
I'm curious what kind of riding some of us would like to do.
Plus you never know, maybe some day some guys could team up to do it?

Anyways, here's mine

Page 1 is pretty straight forward and totaling about 6785 kms = 4240 miles
Page 2 carries on down to La Paz Baja, take the Ferrie over to Mazatlan in the Mainland, then work my way up eastward to Mc Allen Tx, another 2000 plus kms = 1250 miles, and from there back home somewhat along the coast, another 2400 kms = 1500 miles
The Mexico part I just outlined a bit cuz Google Maps wont show me or rather calculate them for me

Total mileage of 11,200 kms or right around 7000 miles
hmm... think I'm gonna start packing

:thumbsup:

page one.jpg

page two.jpg

Jump into the North Pole. I had a chance to do it once years ago and passed it down was about $5K total...Something to have told my grandchildren about.

I will ride my Busa to Anchorage Alaska when I retire in 4.5 years from the military. I currently live in GA, so there is a lot of room for roaming. I plan to head north via the silver dollar highway in CO, and up through Glacier park, then into Canada. Once I arrive in Anchorage, take a day or two off and head back south toward Vancouver and down to CA via the coast. Then, when I start to get into southern CA, head back east along the gulf coast area.

I have a couple of buddies and my brother that may ride with me, but will go solo if need be.

I'd like to ride/drive the entire Route-66 some day. Been through many parts but never the entire route.

route.66.map.gif

Then again, a few other places I would like to go....not really interested in riding them! :beerchug:

I would love to take a motorcycle trip following Route 66 from KS (home) to LA, wind up to highway 1 north as far as it'll go, then follow the back roads back to KS...with my Dad. God willing he'll still have the health to do such a trip in a few years. This trip would be at an easy pace just to enjoy the ride.

...and stop and see/pick up .oRg members along the way!!

Last edited:
TWT racer that would be a nice trip how long are you thinking it would take you

TAT: Trans America Trail. 4800 miles from Jellico, TN to the Pacific in Oregon. 90% off-road. Gonna try it on my KLR one of these days.

CL

TAT: Trans America Trail. 4800 miles from Jellico, TN to the Pacific in Oregon. 90% off-road. Gonna try it on my KLR one of these days.

CL

oh that just sounds awesome.

im starting to venture toward adventure riding, endurance riding...

I will ride my Busa to Anchorage Alaska when I retire in 4.5 years from the military. I currently live in GA, so there is a lot of room for roaming. I plan to head north via the silver dollar highway in CO, and up through Glacier park, then into Canada. Once I arrive in Anchorage, take a day or two off and head back south toward Vancouver and down to CA via the coast. Then, when I start to get into southern CA, head back east along the gulf coast area.

I have a couple of buddies and my brother that may ride with me, but will go solo if need be.

almost exactly the trip i had planned this coming spring for a graduation trip but had to be pulled back into reality. it's gonna take alot more planning than I put forth.

They are all excellent trips. We did the Skyline Drive/BRP in three days and followed it up at the Dragon for three more days. That was my dream ride, but I like Sous' ride. I will not be able to because of lack of time. We are planning a Seneca Rocks run this year and will probably combine several good roads through NC on the way back for giggles and grins...

I'd like to take about four to six months riding all over the country.
No particular route no particular schedule, just ride kinda north and west.
When I hit the Pacific ocean I'll hang out and ride back a different way.

Really though I think my dream trip would be on the water and not the road .
I'd like to live aboard a large sail for a year or two with my family and tour the world as they did hundreds of years ago. Sail into ports all over the world chasing the warmth .

all good ideas:thumbsup: im always up for a long ride:cheerleader: try to take a few good trips every year.
this year it will be Hawaii, Albequerkey, yellowstone, beartooth highway, & glacier. 3 different trips. and i really wish i was ridin to Hawaii, but they woudnt charter a boat.

They are all excellent trips. We did the Skyline Drive/BRP in three days and followed it up at the Dragon for three more days. That was my dream ride, but I like Sous' ride. I will not be able to because of lack of time. We are planning a Seneca Rocks run this year and will probably combine several good roads through NC on the way back for giggles and grins...

seneca rocks was awesome. i'm originally from spartanburg sc.....let me know when you're heading this way i might be down for the ride again. if your a GameCocks fan, i may have to decline though hahaha.

In 2006 and 2007 it was San Francisco to Death Valley

In 2008 it was this trip (which included riding the Dragon)
2008.jpg

In 2009 it was Milwaukee to Oklahoma through southern Arkansas and back through Kansas

In 2010 it didn't happen, bought the new house

In 2011 it's going to be this epic trip. Going to go to Montreal to see F1 then haul butt home via I-80. Got a wife and job I gotta get back to.
2011.jpg

TWT racer that would be a nice trip how long are you thinking it would take you

6 weeks I'm thinking would be plenty of time, ...or enough time
I'm seriously thinking about that one, and I've got a feeling that if not 2011, most certainly in 2012

:thumbsup:

Hey PandaNin, that last map pic you got, is a very very sweet one too (I wanna I wanna)

...and yes, to meet Org Members would be a huge Bonus indeed, cuz I've only gotten to meet 2 so far

Last edited:
Back