proper foot gear for street riding (09 Hayabusa)

cqt1414

Registered
Gentlemen,
In recent months I've been riding my VN1700 Vulcan Nomad almost daily using my large motorcycle boots. They are black leather and work great on my oversized vibration eliminating floorboards.
However I found these boots do not work well on my newly acquired GSX1300R which I picked up brand new from a local dealer recently.
I am asking for suggestions on lighter footwear that will give me a more intimate connection with both smallish pegs and little shifter and brake lever on the Hayabusa.
Out with the thick and clumsy and in with the more accurate footwear that was made with sportbikes in mind, and connect better with the smallish foot controls.
Thanks in advance for any and all input on this manner.
Joe
:santa:

what kind of price range?

Sidi makes a good range of comfortable boots with great protection :beerchug:

Sidi/Gaerne/AlpineStars.

I use the Gaerne R-GT, which are extremely comfortable yet I can still walk in them.

GAERNE SPA - Cycling shoes, Boots, motocross boots

My last boots were a pair of the Sidi Fusions, but the uppers cracked after only 7 months. Comfortable, though.

I know a lot of guys who use AlpineStars boots and absolutely swear by them.

I have read other reviews about the Fushion uppers cracking. I am probably going with the Vertigo Air model for the occassional track day use also.

Has anyone else had problems with Sidi boots or is it just the lower price units ?

I would think they're like any other shoe and you probably need to try them on for fit before you buy them (there or elsewhere).

I have read other reviews about the Fushion uppers cracking. I am probably going with the Vertigo Air model for the occassional track day use also.

Has anyone else had problems with Sidi boots or is it just the lower price units ?

The thing is, though, their "lower priced" boots still are exactly cheap, so you'd expect them to last a bit better than they do.

The thing is, though, their "lower priced" boots still are exactly cheap, so you'd expect them to last a bit better than they do.

I have/had 4 pairs over 12 years and the only problem that I experienced w/ this brand was that they could not be re-soled.
Now, with the Vortice release, problem solved.

in case you missed the banner up top, use coupon CG20OFF100 to get a $20 discount for purchases of $100 or more from CYCLEGEAR :thumbsup:

Bought my wife a pair of SIDI Dooha's. Not as racy, but still offer protection.

I use Sidi Drag boots 90% of the time. If not, I wear my Bates Tactical boots I wear at work

I really hate "boot socks"... that's the inner layer alot of race boots have. Because of that layer, the outer boot is real bulky. I went w/ Sidi "Strada Air's"... offers great protection and is real reasonable in the $200.00 range. They feel well formed and thin around your shin and foot while riding, nice and snug, and great movement even before being broken in.

i have a pair of Alpinestars touring/sport boots. They are not the racing style, but the type that you do not have to tuck your pants leg into, no toe slider, low heel, etc.....comfortable to walk in for extended periods.

I wear them quite often when riding my Nomad and the only issue I have when using them on that bike is utilizing the heel shifter. With the low heel design, you just have to be a little more positive when shifting. I think they cost ~ $150-175. I recommend them. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
i've worn almost nothing but 20 eye Dr. Martens from the time i was 13 til now. wow 20 yrs now:laugh:.
i never have had a proper motorcycle boot. ???

soo ?you folks that do wear a "proper" motorcycle boot, how do ya like them? and why?

and Hay Joe, :welcome: to the Org. what an awesome christmas present!:cheerleader:
post up a pic if ya can, we love pics here on the org.
have ya got a chance to ride it much? going from a cruzer to a busa myself, it was a big differance. i dig it! before i took my busa off the lot, :poke: i thought i knew what fast was:laugh:
hope you'll stick around and chat with us. alot of us have made some pretty good friends here.:thumbsup:

I don't currently own any other MC boots except the Alpines. I usually get a decent pair of work boots too but they can be a little clunky sometimes on the Busa. Not too bad.....

Back