Leather marks ?

Hobo

Registered
Well google cant help me sooo, what better place to ask !

I've got some RST leather pants (1.5 yrs old), and they are leaving black marks all over my paint mainly up the side of the tank, caused from inner knee rubs.

Y is it doing this and what can I put on the leather to stop it marking ?

Scotchgaurd ?

I don't know, but mine do the same thing. The marks on mine rub off with a little pressure on a damp rag.

I've always used a bra over the tank to keep leathers and gear from scrathing it, but another idea might be to get some of those thigh guards that stick to the tank to protect and provide grip.

Good luck on the leather idea though.

Y is it doing this and what can I put on the leather to stop it marking?

Protect the tank as suggested with pads. Or give your bike a good cleaning/waxing.....should help with ease of removing those marks.

I have a clear protective film over the tank called "duco scratch", but it is marking that and any other paintwork. Tried everything to clean it off nothing works, warm water, soap & water, various household cleaners. Thats when I tried rubbing alcohol, now permantely marked the clear film.

Motorcycle Tank Grip Pads from TechSpec-USA - Custom Projects

This what I have.

Stomp grip tends to tear up your leathers.

IMG_0784.jpg

^ HA! What he said! ^
And since your not, why not post the pics then??
:poke:

I have a clear protective film over the tank called "duco scratch", but it is marking that and any other paintwork. Tried everything to clean it off nothing works, warm water, soap & water, various household cleaners. Thats when I tried rubbing alcohol, now permantely marked the clear film.

If you have not yet done so, maybe give the leathers a good cleaning. That should hopefully clean up whatever dye that has been bleeding onto your tank.

Stomp Grip is probably the best grip if you are looking for performance. I have used Stomp Grip for years and now it's hard to ride without it.

If you have not yet done so, maybe give the leathers a good cleaning. That should hopefully clean up whatever dye that has been bleeding onto your tank.

They have been through the rain a coupla times, I will get a good leather cleaner and see how that goes ! thanx :thumbsup:

Back