Can i run 9's with these mods

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Im wondering if its possible for me to get in the 9's with my weight and current mods. Im wanting to get in the 9.7- 9.8 range

I weight about 275#'s fully suited

here are the mods

Full yosh TI

BMC race

Small airbox Mod

TRE

Schnitz tuned makes 175hp/103tq at the tire

Front will be strapped

Rear is slammed

Welded clutch mod

3 stock & 3 Schnitz 40# Heavy duty clutch springs

Slave cylnder support brack

17/43 gears

Shinko 190/50/17 003 U-soft rear

Stock arm

With a good rider(not knowing your skill level), I would say it would be close. Weight is what hurts the most. But I would say it could be possible.

i have only been twice with a best of 10.43 with a 1.702 60'. that was before clutch mod and i was running an open header and it was tuned by schnitz i have since then went to full exhaust and had schnitz retune the bike more aggressivly

A stock bike will run in the 9's, it's the rider, not the bike.

I would say no, not at your weight......

1.70 60 foots is pretty good for a stock wheelbase bike at your weight.....Problem is you will run out of steam at the big end.

1. lose some lbs. (cheapest)
2. fog the box

I am about your size, and you can ride the crap out of it on the first 1/8 mile, but the weight is really a factor at about 800ft to the finish....you need more hp.

You will get dam close. If anything, try a 16th front sprocket. Get an airshifter. Strip off any uneeded stuff of the bike. Have you removed the pair valve assy? That's around 10lbs right there.

You will get dam close. If anything, try a 16th front sprocket. Get an airshifter. Strip off any uneeded stuff of the bike. Have you removed the pair valve assy? That's around 10lbs right there.

Have a 16t waiting if i cant do it with current gears and removed the pair valve about month after i got the bike

I had the same setup and run 9.754@141mph, my 60ft was 1.556...I have run a best 9.689 thats with a tailwind at valdosta. My weight is 175.

also depends on track and elevation, and how hard you can launch the pig, lol. seriously tho, weight loss is the best way. last year at this time i weighed in at 275, now i'm down in the high 230's, and getting lower every day. start running, i know it sucks and i hate running, but it's the best way (along with diet) that i've found to drop the lbs.

I went 9.92 at memphis with a stock gen1 yosh pipe 16/40 and I"m 250lbs suited up

Wheelie bar?

Have a 16t waiting if i cant do it with current gears and removed the pair valve about month after i got the bike

You are going to be very close.

You may need to run the 16 and add an air-shifter just in case.

That or try and get your weight over the front more so you can leave harder. 1.5-1.6 60' sure would help... :thumbsup:

How about a quick shifter when you flash it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I watched your vids....

your best run was 10.43...and you want to get to a 9.70. You need more HP, you can go up on the rear sprocket to help your 60 foots(I run a 50 tooth). you can switch to a Mickey Thompson Shootout tire(its lighter, less rotational weight) you can strip the bike to frame rails...and I still think you will be running 9.90's

Back