It was 34 degrees out today...

Fredyp33

Registered
What a perfect day for a ride! I left the house and it was 34 degrees out. When I got home an hour later it was 32 degrees out.

For some reason I just love riding in cool weather. Next to the HIDs, the best thing I've done as far as motorcycling goes was buy a FirstGear cold weather riding suit from CycleGear. $170. You can't beat it. I was roasty toasty as far as my body goes. But the fingers did get a little chilly; but I can't complain since I was wearing $5 neoprene gloves from ****'s Sporting Goods.

Some people completely stop riding when cool weather comes along... Me, I just keep on ridin'.

Where are you at in NC? Im in jacksonville and it was 26 this morning. 21 is the forecast for tomorrow morning... Im not excited :laugh:

i too love cold weather riding (40 is my limit tho) good gear and im set!! also i feel like the bike enjoys the denser air.

Watch for ICE....Some of our fellow .org members had a nasty event last month after a cold night on the Blue Ridge....

I'm near Raleigh. And during really cold weather, I try to just ride during the day to help prevent accidents from ice/deer/ etc...

But nothing beats having the right gear.

Like Skydivr said just be careful . Being nice and toasty inside your clothes can lead to a false sense of security and cause you to forget how cold it really is outside .
That's when you may hit some ice and vaaaawhooooop , out she goes .
I used to ride in Ct during the winter and was as warm as could be in low teens weather . Hit some ice and then realized how cold it actually was. Good thing I had about forty layers of clothes on as I bounced right back up :)

I'm near Raleigh. And during really cold weather, I try to just ride during the day to help prevent accidents from ice/deer/ etc...

But nothing beats having the right gear.

My brother lives in Raleigh, my Mom the next town over. I'm driving up to visit them this weekend. My limit is 34. You get brain freeze in that general range, (without heated gear).

Back