MAP for 1398?

rwaclaw

Registered
I recently completed a small sandrail and put a BUSA motor in it and looking for a decent MAP to start with so i dont hurt it trying to break in a little. Motor was just rebuilt and has the following mods:
APE 1398 kit with 12.5:1 pistons, Exhaust cam replaced with intake cam and indexed with adjustable sprocket, Custom made 4-into-1 header (i can send pic, but pretty much wide open and very loud, TRE module, Aftermarket foam airfilter w/billet velocity stacks, aftermarket high pressure fuel pump...and a power commander III USB

Injectors are stock. I tested car a little this weekend and seems to be running very lean and dont want to damage it.

Anyone have anything that will get me started out with reasonable MAP?

ptpmicrowave@yahoo.com

get it to a shop and have them adjust it for you...FAST
in the meantime used the 3 buttons on the pc to richen it up a bit

lean as in plugs look almost gray...i hear you are the man for MAPS? I cant get it to a dyno for a month, but wanted to get something safer in it now...right now it has stock MAP

any map will do till you get it mapped or get a sensor and map it yourself
there have been countless 1397 with no pc3 and never melted

Thanks...good to know! i know the motors can take a beating, just paranoid after having stock motor blow on dyno at 11000 rpm...2 years ago...apparently due to low fuel pressure. Factory pump was only pushing 25psi. Anyway, will take your advice and get it over to dyno ASAP.

Back