need major help

bajaboy169

Registered
First thank you for taking the time to read this and for posting your help. ok here we go
1. Front left upper engine mounting bolts I need to know what tap size I need to clean up my threads.

2. I did a engine swap 02 to a 05 I have an extra square green wire bundle that I don't know where it goes to on the new engine.

3. my tear down side kick disconnected all the vacuum hoses with out marking them OMG I could just strangle him::11:flamethrowing:.

But here are my probs please help me for I am dying to ride even though it snowed last night and is only 31 degrees out

First thank you for taking the time to read this and for posting your help. ok here we go
1. Front left upper engine mounting bolts I need to know what tap size I need to clean up my threads.

2. I did a engine swap 02 to a 05 I have an extra square green wire bundle that I don't know where it goes to on the new engine.

3. my tear down side kick disconnected all the vacuum hoses with out marking them OMG I could just strangle him::11:flamethrowing:.

But here are my probs please help me for I am dying to ride even though it snowed last night and is only 31 degrees out

download the shop manual...

trace vacuum lines and electrical harness via the schematics..

also note there maybe some subtle electrical difs annnnd?...

here's the possible biggy...

if memory serves?..i believe that 99-01 the ECU's were 16bit processors..and 02 ECU's were the oddballs of the lot..24bit...which is why there is a special model Power Commander for 02's...03 and later utilized 32bit ECU processors..mainly had to do with enhancing throttle control/-air/fuel issues..not sure how that might affect your situation but..worth looking into..might all be BS but just stuff i heard/read and came to believe cause i'm pretty sure it's the truth.

oh...and keep the coffee brewing.

Best of luck and remember we're here for you..might take till spring but..

WE'LL GET IT! :thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

PS:

"2. I did a engine swap 02 to a 05 I have an extra square green wire bundle that I don't know where it goes to on the new engine."

remember...there may be a couple wire bundles that DON'T go anywhere...such as..

1. The "Diagnostics Port"

and?..

2. I believe the '05 busa had "Hazard Light Flashers" were as the '02 busa did not.

all i can think of so far..L8R, Bill. :cool:

And don't forget....working on these things is part of the fun/experience. Don't get so caught up on wanting to ride that you rush things AND loose the great feeling of "the mechanix connection".
Slow down and process it all.

boom, ready to ride. gear up, it's cold as a witches, uh, nose outside...

hmmmm...witches aint cold are they???? hell the last one i wa with was pretty warm actualy:laugh:!!

Back