My Experience at the Dealership Today

Loomis

Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Registered
Ok like any SMART shopper I called three Dealerships to get a Good deal, Without getting RAPED. I'm a Parts Manager for a Large Car dealership and see how customers are treated GOOD or BAD by sales Dept. So I have all my Numbers faxed to my the other day ALL that is Good. Im looking the bike over and see and what three other people for 30mins was a scratch on the tail of my new bike and looks like someone touched it up with paint. Im about to pick up. SO I stop the salesman and show him. He tells me I got a Great deal on this Bike and I can sell it to somebody else I have lined up. Mind you I have a 500 depoit on the bike and just Drove 3 hrs to pick it up. ALL I want is a damage claim or a warranty transport damage and have the Tail section replaced. NOT REPAIR. So the salesman tells my Girlfriend she is being to picky. So at this point my girls it upset and the Owner steps in. Owner give us a $50 gift card. The salesman NEVER said Sorry to me or her. Goes over the rest of the bike with me all is forgotten, OR SO I THOUGHT. Im on the BMW S1000RR Forum and get a Message from the Sales person.

Greetings From Raleigh, NC - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

Oh turns out the tail section didnt NOT have a Scratch It was not Prepped right or cleaned and had glue that was cleaned off after 5 mins on cleaning it.
So I think he may have gotten Fired for the way he handle the situation.
Please I would REALLY like everybodys INPUT on this... Reply from SchoolBus BOB.. PLEASE READ LINK....

Last edited:
I dont know about you guys, But I dont want to spend 17k and have a scratch on the bike and the salesman basically take it or leave it. That dont fly with me. Then I get a post on the BMW forum...

Dude, I just went thru EXACTLY the same thing..... EXCEPT I picked mine up and unloaded it in the dark, then put 75 miles on it. Brought it in and found the powder coating on the frame scratched! And that is unfixable...... AND it was a dealer trade...

I found LOTS of other things wrong as well.... Missing reflectors, scratches on the belly wing, LOWERING LINKS (!)

Long story short, my dealer made it right and got me another 09 that was to my satisfaction.

No way I would have left with a $50 gift cert on a scratched tail section........:rulez:

So John.....very simple....post a picture on there of that purdy 9mm and automatic you own ...and tell that azzhat if he shows up for his "race parts"....you'll have a nice 'lil "gift" for him in the form of lead! :laugh:

Dude, I just went thru EXACTLY the same thing..... EXCEPT I picked mine up and unloaded it in the dark, then put 75 miles on it. Brought it in and found the powder coating on the frame scratched! And that is unfixable...... AND it was a dealer trade...

I found LOTS of other things wrong as well.... Missing reflectors, scratches on the belly wing, LOWERING LINKS (!)

Long story short, my dealer made it right and got me another 09 that was to my satisfaction.

No way I would have left with a $50 gift cert on a scratched tail section........:rulez:

Turns out it was just glue it was not scratched after all. Bike was 100% but the f*kin sales man handled it all WRONG... The Owner stepped in the correct what happen and the owner is a Nice guy..

I realize it was just glue, but how much is a tail section? For a BMW? I don't want to even guess. $50 does not even come close. Luckily, it is fine, and if you would have been happy, great.

I know I would not have been

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the dealership, can't believe they treated you like that, one of the reasons I bought my new Beemer was because of the customer service, they treated me like a king in the spring when I was on the busa, I even told them I was not going to buy it and still treated me great,

Hell just today I received some s1000rr posters in the mail from my dealership along with a Christmas card for free clothes:thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Hay Loomis ( john), Good thing you did not buy the alarm. I needs parts for my race bike and now know where to get them... except the chipped tail. When are you getting married, I want to give you a ....gift.? "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is he implying he is goin to steal your bike? This guy has all your info from the sale, you may want to talk to the owner about this. Maybe let the police know? Its a small comment and may not be worth the time, but this guy sounds like a jerk to start with.

Now THAT is customer service!

It amazes me that in these economic times that a sales person would not bend over backwards for someone.

The guy that Loomis dealt with needs smacked upside the head!

Well there you go!
That's why he's a salesman and the other guy is owner/mgr.
One cares and one doesn't .
Glad it worked out .
Me personally even if the bike comes perfect always put a small scratch on it somewhere unoticeable so she already has her 'first one' .
This way I'm not too bummed when the second one comes :)
Sucks to keep it perfect for a while and then that first scratch happens.
Makes me feel like :cry:ing

dude, the way I read that post, I'd be taking a screen shot, sending it to the board admins and the owner... for that matter the local police as well. See what he responds with but also call and ask to speak to the owner, see if the guy got his azz in a ringer over it.

As for the actual issue you had, I would have just gone to the owner and been like, me and my 17k are leaving because your guy is an azzhat. You'd probably have added an extra zero on the gift cert :whistle:

Yep snap a screen shot of that thread before he just simply changes it(edit). Wait a day to see what he responds with and then contact the dealer's owner and fax him a copy of the thread. Discuss how the salesman has access to your personal data from the sale and you will be contacting the police over the incident. I'm sure the dealer doesn't want to have to answer to police about this kinda stuff. Even though it was just a salesman being a dirt bag.

:whistle: :laugh: dont ask dont tell

LMAO.jpg

Back