Good price for this Busa?

Timbusa

Registered
I'm looking for my first Busa. I have found an 09 gray/silver with only 1900 miles. It is all stock except for Vance and hines CS-One slip ons and fender eliminator. Never wrecked, no scratches or dings. What is a good price? He wants $8750. He said he would not come down. Is it worth it?

I'de say yes. Prices vary by location, and some folks don't consider what it would cost you to drive or have it shipped. With that in mind you usually wouldn't save much. That price seems pretty fair in general.

Your only a few grand short of a shiny new '11 from one of our sponsors, Honda East Toledo. For me the difference is to close and I'd get a new one with a warranty.

its a decent price, but I would hold out. Its winter, bikes arent going anywhere. Buyers market.

Around another 3 grand for a new one, plus $600 to $800 in exhaust. Get the bike inspected if you have any doubts in it's condition. 1900 miles is nothing, there are quite a few gen2 Busa's on this site with 30k to 50k with no issues at all. Warranty's are great to have, but the fact is the gen 2 Busa has no major issues. Anything can happen, but the odds are highly favorable that it never will. That is a good price for that bike anywhere. Unless you just wanted a new bike, there's no need to buy one.

I guess anywhere from 8000 to 8500 would be better. Cash talks, maybe he will come down? He said he started at 9500 and came down to the 8750. Says he has a loan and can't go any lower.

'worth it'- depends on your taste...
'good price'- if it truly is what he says it is:

2009 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Value Email December 3, 2010
4-Cylinders
4-Stroke
1340cc
Suggested Retail Value $10255 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Copyright © 2010 by Kelley Blue Book Co., All Rights Reserved. 9/1/2010-12/30/2010 Edition. The information in this report is intended for the personal use of the customer only and may not be sold or transmitted to another party. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I guess anywhere from 8000 to 8500 would be better. Cash talks, maybe he will come down? He said he started at 9500 and came down to the 8750. Says he has a loan and can't go any lower.

Now that's distancing the bike further from a new one, price wise, and would be something I'd definitely give consideration to. Have you tried to see if any new '09s may be sitting around the dealers? With the '11s around the corner you may score a deal there. Good luck!

Now that's distancing the bike further from a new one, price wise, and would be something I'd definitely give consideration to. Have you tried to see if any new '09s may be sitting around the dealers? With the '11s around the corner you may score a deal there. Good luck!

I saw a couple on ebay for $9995, and tax will be more from a dealer than individial. The one I'm looking at only has 1900 miles and $900 exhaust. Im thinking I will try to get it for $8000
Posted via Mobile Device

I saw a couple on ebay for $9995, and tax will be more from a dealer than individial. The one I'm looking at only has 1900 miles and $900 exhaust. Im thinking I will try to get it for $8000
Posted via Mobile Device

Haven't seen the bike your seeing, but like new with the mileage and pipes for 8k would probably be a helluva deal.

Haven't seen the bike your seeing, but like new with the mileage and pipes for 8k would probably be a helluva deal.

Pics of bike I'm looking at:

Bike.JPG

Bike1.JPG

tn_Bike3.jpg

The average price for completed listings on ebay (comparable year/mileage/mods) is $8500. That bike is barely broken in with those miles and those pipes are relatively "new" for the Busa. Are you paying with cash or with a loan check? Don't delay too much, GIT R DONE!

Offered $8000 cash and he turned me down. He says KBB shows $10225 for the bike. Says right now he wont come off the $8750.

Back