Anyone put christmas lights on there bike?

busa186

Registered
Doing a toy run this weekend and was thinking it would be cool for the kids (and me!) to put lights on the bike. Probably get a cheap inverter for the lights, but was wondering if anyone had any motivational photos or ideas! :rudolph:

Never even crossed my mind, in NY christmas and riding dont go together:laugh:

Maybe just a nice reath or tie an antler to each mirror?

haha, yeah NY winters are not bike friendly.

I've seen harley do it with a small inverter.

http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/5448875/Salina Christmas Parade Motorcycle.jpg

they also make 12v lights

12-volt-adapter.jpg

its going to be about 40 degrees here so its not to bad. I thought it would be cool to take the fairings off and wrap in christmas wrap but i dont think they will hold up to... um.. busa speeds. :laugh:

I seen inverters at wal-mart for $20 so I think that will be the best bet. I was looking at her and the mirrors are begging for antlers!

cool idea but make sure those lights don't scratch up the paint. i wouldn't mind seeing some pic's if you do it. :thumbsup:

I saw battery-powered lights at Target last week. IIRC, they came in six-foot lengths.

If someone had the time and patience, they could rig up some red and green LED's and leave them installed year round, and just disconnect them for 11 months out of the year. :poke:

Back