Need Bike Stands, To Many Choices

flynlow

Registered
What brand and type are decent for cleaning and occasional wheel removal?

For Front there's fork, pin, or head style and for the Rear spool, swingarm, and forward facing. Not to mention the ones you attach to the swingarm pivot and lift the whole bike. Pricing anywhere from $40 to $250+.

Getting burned out trying to figure which ones will do what I need. Being I'm not a shop, lifting bikes all day, I can't see where I'd need the top of the line. On the other hand, the Busa isn't really a light weight either, so I wouldn't feel safe with something to cheap. If the bike fell off the stands, the money saved on cheap probably isn't going to be a savings.

I've read spool style for the rear are the safest, especially if you're lifting the front. For the front, I'm lost! Thinking the fork style is probably the easiest to use.

I bought Pit Bull stands. The rear can be used with either spools or directly on the swingarms. The front uses a pin, which makes most front-end work fairly easy. I'm happy, even though they weren't cheap. The back might be a little tricky lifting off spools in a solo scenario for folks who are balance or strength-challenged.

Couldn't agree with you more on sponsor support. Most of what I have on my bike came from our sponsors even if I could of saved elsewhere, they're definitely a pleasure to deal with. Being the time of year for upgrades and/or storage I'm surprised there aren't specials or group buys on stands.

Are far as cost, function, and review, the T-Rex don't seem bad.

Don't nuke this too much.....your needs can/will be met by all stands (regardless of price/brand). My 2 cents: buy the cheapest that you can afford starting with the sponsors here as already pointed out. Don't forget your local craigslist too.

Don't buy the harbor freight front stand, it is junk. In the family I have the Redline's as well as the Pit bulls. Both work fine, but the Pits cost more.

Don't nuke this too much.....your needs can/will be met by all stands (regardless of price/brand). My 2 cents: buy the cheapest that you can afford starting with the sponsors here as already pointed out. Don't forget your local craigslist too.

Keep it simple, get a Redline and be done with it. Maybe you can talk Ian into painting it Red/Green as a Xmas special?:laugh:

Ian from Redline stands will treat you right. We have 2 sets and have never had any problems.

Sure hope Ian chimes in with some sorta sale, $174 plus fees and shipping? Not insinuating they're not worth the price, but I think $200 stands might be slight overkill for my intention of cleaning wheels.

the Redline stands are worth every penny...i've used just about every kind of stand doing maintenance in friend's garages while on trips and have to say the set of Redlines in my garage are my favorite by far :beerchug:

The best stand is the world is just getting Jet Li to come by the house and hold your bike up while you work on it. :rofl:

You around TOM? :please:

I swear I was just looking at redline stands the other day and they were < 200 for both front and rear
Posted via Mobile Device

Found 'em. You can order the rear, and check the 'add matching front stand' button.. 144 bucks.

Don't forget the spools. Suzuki 8mm

http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog/sport-bike-swingarm-stands-commercial-series-c-87_88

Think I'm gonna get the Industrial version? Is it worth the extra cash... anyone know? Or will the base model suffice?

Last edited:
I have front and rear T-Rex stands. I haven't had any problem with them.

I have pitbull. You would be very happy wit a set if you want to spend the money. I got mine for free lol but I would definitely spend the money on a set.

The best stand is the world is just getting Jet Li to come by the house and hold your bike up while you work on it. :rofl:

You around TOM? :please:

and that is while he is lifting weights with the other hand :laugh:

Regardless of which manufacturer you pick (sponser would be nice), a spool stand for the rear and a pin tripple tree stand for the front. Covers all your options for cleaning and maintenence.

Regardless of which manufacturer you pick (sponser would be nice), a spool stand for the rear and a pin tripple tree stand for the front. Covers all your options for cleaning and maintenence.

As I mentioned before almost everything I have on my bike was bought from our sponsors. In fact I've got a $1400. order coming from one of them and that is why I need stands. After those parts are on, I'll only use them for cleaning the wheels, and that's only if I feel like dragging them out. Ones that can be taken apart for storage would be nice because if I don't use them at least they won't take up valuable space.

Really leaning towards a T-Rex combo. Spool rear and a combo fork/triple tree for the front for around $150 shipped. They'll throw in the correct pin and spools as well. T-rex also said I'll have no problem using the head stand on a non-lowered Busa.

Back