Motorcycle safety study

I almost always ride with a florescent Tourmaster Transition II jacket on and I can absolutely attest to the fact that nobody ever comes near me when I have it on. On those rare occasions that I wear my black Joe Rocket jacket, the difference in how much closer people get to me is quite shocking.
51XpDjMXDiL._SS400_.jpg

I have that jacket in red.

I usually wear a black leather jacket but sit up and watch my 6 when at a stop. If I see someone coming up from behind, I raise my arms like I'm stretching so they can see me. So far so good but trust no one on the road.

white jacket, white bike. limited miles on the new paint and gear, but so far, so good.

i just can't bring myself to dress like a pylon cone. it dosen't take a genius to figgure out bright colors help you stand out more; but when i go out, i'm not looking to get noticed. i do a good job just not getting a speeding ticket as it is.:whistle:

thank you for the info though, i have a good collection of motorcycle studys building.:thumbsup:

With all the studies going on about we as riders need to protect ourselves, and what we "should" do or wear to be seen by other drivers on the road. I would think there would be at least a few studies about people driving cars or trucks that don't pay attention or look for motorcycle riders.

We as motorcycle riders are not perfect and while we should try to be more "visible" to others.. Shouldn't others be more alert with what is around them anyways? Shouldn't we all be aware of what is around us be it car, truck, scooter, motorcycle, etc..

Me personally I don't have a problem finding the bike on the road regardless of what they are wearing. Maybe that is because I ride also who knows.

Sorry im just tired of hearing the excuse "I just didn't see the bike until it was too late."

I am getting off my box now and will return to my corner.

I almost always ride with a florescent Tourmaster Transition II jacket on and I can absolutely attest to the fact that nobody ever comes near me when I have it on. On those rare occasions that I wear my black Joe Rocket jacket, the difference in how much closer people get to me is quite shocking.
51XpDjMXDiL._SS400_.jpg

I also have a hi-vis neon yellow jacket (Olympia), matching helmet (Scorpion)and gloves (can't remember the brand). A chick at work asks, "like, how do you stand those colors?"

I answer: when I'm wearing them, I can't see the colors, but caggers can!!

51XpDjMXDiL._SS400_.jpg
That looks to be about the ultimate you could have. I wear a fluorescent orange mil-spec vest when I commute to work in traffic. Those are pretty common to see here in metro-DC. Plus I'm old enough that "looking cool" is no longer as important as being seen and maybe not dying at the hands of some dimwit driver. Otherwise, bright red jacket and bright red helmet, which sort of matches the burgundy Busa.

"Plus I'm old enough that "looking cool" is no longer as important as being seen and maybe not dying at the hands of some dimwit driver."

+1000

Back