Ferrari 458 -vs- 1198S...

meh, i'd drive someone elses, but i'd never throw the coin at those. either one really. it's wierd, i have no desire to own a ducati. ever. there may be something wrong with me, lol.

Great vid:thumbsup:

I bet I could get the Ferrari and the Duc to lap that track faster, just gimme the keys and ill prove it:whistle:

mmmm... Ferrari those na engines and their history have always had a special place in my heart.

I've read tests like this before, but this is the first time I've seen the motorcycle come out on top.

It was fun to see a motorcycle described as a "mid-engine, RWD" configuration. That's right, but I had just never thought of it that way before. LOL!

FWIW, the Duc comes in at 2.7 lb/hp, and a stock Busa is something like 3.2.

If i could buy both these are the colors ide want.

ducati1198-07.jpg

ferrari-458-italia-color-lime-green-electric.jpg

Great find, I was surprised to see the Ducati was a V-twin, I didn't know you could get that kinda HP out of one. Learn something new everyday :thumbsup: . Both are way out of my price range and they both look amazing. :bowdown:

Thank you for sharing, what a great brerakdown, I'm so pleased and surprised at how the Duc slammed the Ferarri!

Just give me the money for both!!! Lets just say turbo busa!!!

Not to "split hairs" with you but there was NEVER an acceleration issue, the Duc murders the car except on the big end (like after 1 1/2 miles and where does that ever happen?). To me, the fantastic thing is that, with a knee down, the Duc does a pretty tight road course FASTER than a top of the line Ferarri!
A turbo Busa would be a nightmare on a tight road course....compared to a naturally asperated track prepped Busa.
I've ridden and driven the Streets of Willow and it is NOT a Busa track! Now "big" Willow (right next door), that is a high speed Busa place.

MF1A1503.jpg

The guy I bought my bike from has the red one sitting in his garage and it feels almost weightless. You could almost forget there was a bike underneath you if it weren't for the super uncomfortable seat

Not to "split hairs" with you but there was NEVER an acceleration issue, the Duc murders the car except on the big end (like after 1 1/2 miles and where does that ever happen?). To me, the fantastic thing is that, with a knee down, the Duc does a pretty tight road course FASTER than a top of the line Ferarri!
A turbo Busa would be a nightmare on a tight road course....compared to a naturally asperated track prepped Busa.
I've ridden and driven the Streets of Willow and it is NOT a Busa track! Now "big" Willow (right next door), that is a high speed Busa place.

I think he just means for the cost of the Ferrari he could have a couple bikes AND a TURBO BUSA... :laugh:

That was awesome! I would like a Ducati if the maintenance were included in the price. The maintenance costs cost them at least one customer...

Back