When a Busa falls over

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering, once it falls over, how do you pick it back up? Where do you grip, how difficult is it to do, what is the easiest way?

Squat with your back towards the side of the bike. Bend at your knees keeping your back straight and grab on to the closest handle grip with one hand and under the tail with the other. Remember the bike is behind you....then lift with your legs. Works with 500# Busa's and 1000# Harleys.

There is a yourtube video somewhere showing a petite woman lifting her bike this way.

I'll go look.

Thx Ace

Don't laugh, but the reason I'm asking is I fell flat on my arse two week-ends ago, in the middle of a mud puddle, with my Husky. The bike weighs 310lbs. Slipping around ankle deep in the mud, it took some time before I had her picked up. Eventually, I had to take a break, get my breath back an got it. If someone video'd that it would have been hilarious.

- Girl lifting Harley[/url]

Here is a good vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it falls and you immediately lift it back up, it weighs almost nothing...really.
It feels much heavier just pushing or moving it around during normal circumstances.
Alot to be said for adrenaline.

When it falls and you immediately lift it back up, it weighs almost nothing...really.
It feels much heavier just pushing or moving it around during normal circumstances.

I agree, been there and done it with the HD. It's stand slipped off the edge of the sidewalk and into the dirt as I was getting off on the high side, tried to hold it by it's throttle and got slung over as the bike fell. I impressed myself as to how quick me and the bike were up!

sixpack that is so true, its the superman/woman effect...

get as close to the bike as possible and try to keep the weight on the tires and not on you along with proper lifting mechanics

It may be a 500lb bike but its really not that heavy if you just pick it up

i remember one time i dropped my bike, and standing along side it i immediately took hold of the grips and pulled it straight up. Weighed nothing. Needless to say later i found out
my wrists were bruised ahaahh thanks adrenaline [=

Squat with your back towards the side of the bike. Bend at your knees keeping your back straight and grab on to the closest handle grip with one hand and under the tail with the other. Remember the bike is behind you....then lift with your legs. Works with 500# Busa's and 1000# Harleys.

There is a yourtube video somewhere showing a petite woman lifting her bike this way.

I'll go look.
I thought you were her! :laugh:

If you do it in front of a crowd of ORG members you dont have to worry about it, they will have it up before you have time to try it yourself.

Dont ask me how I know :whistle:

Once, I laid the bike down trying to cross a huge patch of ice - the rear spun, and she went on her side (I wasn't thinking straight at the time). So, I ended up with the bike on its side right in the middle of the icy patch. I have no idea how I picked her up, how I mounted the bike, and crossed the icy patch to get back to the road.

In my defense, it happened at the entrance of the cemetery, and for some strange reason I wanted to pay my respects to my mother. I made a U-turn to go back once I saw the ice patch, but for some reason decided to give it a shot hoping to feather the clutch. Got a very small oil leak in the stator cover, and managed to ride back home.

Back