Metric Bolt Kit? Yeah, I got one of those!

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
So Saturday night I was installing my new LED tail light so I could ride Sunday. I tore it down, installed and put it all back together in record time. having done it a couple times before, it's easy to do now. Anyway, I get to putting the seat back on and ......ummmmm, where are the seat bolts? Yeah....searching all over the garage, nothing. I re-trace all my steps....nothing. Ok, this is stupid. I'm thinking...well, I can buy new ones at the dealership for a small ransom. Then I remember, about 6 months ago I bought a metric sport bike bolt kit. It had a fresh layer of dust on top. I popped it open and sure enough, two bolts that were the perfect size!

What does this prove? No purchase, no matter how unnecessary should ever be questioned by your spouse. Everything will always come in handy SOME DAY. :laugh:

I took measurements off a ton of the bolts on my Busa and ran down to my local screw wholesaler. Replaced almost every bolt except the engine bolts with stainless bolts and I think I have yet to break $15 total. Those kits are a little over priced in my opinion (not to mention the dealership)

Pieces of string to short to use ???
:rofl:

That's original and a bit weird.

VB what happened to the original seat bolts ? :poke:

I took measurements off a ton of the bolts on my Busa and ran down to my local screw wholesaler. Replaced almost every bolt except the engine bolts with stainless bolts and I think I have yet to break $15 total. Those kits are a little over priced in my opinion (not to mention the dealership)

True, but my time is worth a lot too. :beerchug:

Dehning would you mind sharing the sizes? I'd like to keep a few extra at home also. The stealership is bruttle and sticks it to you without lubing you up first! :please:

Kind of off topic but does anyone know where to get the little grommet washer deals that go on the factory plastics where the bolts go through. I have lost about all of em before i learned to loctite even those screws lol.

I've never seen little rubber gaskets on my bike. I do know what you're talking about as I've seen them on my son's R6.

They're used in every orafice where the you find a attached molded plastic rivet from the fairing. It's what keep the fairing from vibrating against the frame.

They're used in every orafice where the you find a attached molded plastic rivet from the fairing. It's what keep the fairing from vibrating against the frame.

i know what he is talking about,

i order that kinda stuff through babbittsonline dot com when i have a large amount of crap to purchase.. only because no matter what you order they have a standard $15 shipping charge... it could be 1 washer valued at 15 cents or 200 items valued at $5000... standard shipping charge applies.. oh ya.. they dont do overnight or any other shipping type...

if i have just 1 or two items to purchase, i make the stealership price match the website then i do not get charged for shipping.. had to do this a couple of times when i tore my motor down this month and forgot about some little items that found their way under something... or in the trash.. or wherever i didn't put them...

Last edited:
I can't find my list, so you would have to wait till I tear the fairings off again.

I will add this; I picked up a pack of M4 rubber/brass well nuts off ebay and have used them all over the fairing instead of those stupid clips. They absorb shock better and are much easier to use. It also means that almost all my fairing bolts are 4mm and not the sock size.

Back