New Battery from Pashnit (pics)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Thanks again, Tim. I received it almost a week ago but I didn't get a chance to install it until this afternoon. What a difference. I went for a ride today after installing it and I can really feel the difference. Even my heated gear felt much better. I replaced the original one after 3 years and 2 months.

Sorry about the second and third pics. I didn't feel like rolling her out of the garage.

New Battery from Pashnit 004.jpg

New Battery from Pashnit 005.jpg

New Battery from Pashnit 006.jpg

New Battery from Pashnit 003.jpg

What a difference. I went for a ride today after installing it and I can really feel the difference.QUOTE]

what kind of issues were you having with the old battery while you were riding? i could see possibly having some hard starts, but what does one look out for while riding to help determine if its time to replace a battery or not?

What a difference. I went for a ride today after installing it and I can really feel the difference.QUOTE]

what kind of issues were you having with the old battery while you were riding? i could see possibly having some hard starts, but what does one look out for while riding to help determine if its time to replace a battery or not?

The bike won't start the first time you push the starter button. It started happening a lot lately. That's about it. I didn't want to take a chance of getting stuck out there so I decided to get a new one. Again, the original one lasted 3 years and 2 months (more than 76K miles).

I bought one as well a few weeks ago and man what a difference. It's funny how the battery died down over the summer and I really didn't notice until it started taking a few cranks to start up and then a couple of times at the end, it didn't start at all. I ordered the Motobatt battery and it fires up within 1-2 cranks even after sitting outside in the cold all day (34-36 degrees). I also noticed that the bike seemed a bit "smoother" as well when riding. I hope I didn't do any damage to the charging system by running the old battery too long.

I'll also pass on a huge thanks to Tim! The first battery was a dud and he had a new in my mailbox a few days later. I'm in Canada, so that was SUPERB service and quick shipping for me. Thanks again Tim, the new battery is great and after reading reviews online, this one should keep me going for a few summers.

Last edited:
I bought one as well a few weeks ago and man what a difference. It's funny how the battery died down over the summer and I really didn't notice until it started taking a few cranks to start up and then a couple of times at the end, it didn't start at all. I ordered the Motobatt battery and it fires up within 1-2 cranks even after sitting outside in the cold all day (34-36 degrees). I also noticed that the bike seemed a bit "smoother" as well when riding. I hope I didn't do any damage to the charging system by running the old battery too long.

I've had the same problem you had. It took 2-3 tries to start up and that's when I decided it's time to get a new one. I didn't want to wait until it's too late.

I also noticed the same thing when riding. It's smoother than before. I guess the charging system was working harder than it should that's why it's a bit rough when riding.

Does that have 2 sets of terminals? cause if it does i need one that would clean things up alot:laugh:

Yes, it does. Check out the last pic on my original post. The second ones are covered with plastic plugs that came with it.

Does that have 2 sets of terminals? cause if it does i need one that would clean things up alot:laugh:

MotoBatts' have four poles. You don't realize how handy that is till you start hooking things up. Been a big hit with the sport touring guys, makes it much easier to power all the farkles.

On mine, actually filled up all 4 poles with just stuff! Heated vest, Mini-USB power wire, SAE power wire, radar detector, etc, etc. :thumbsup:

See why I need 4 poles? :laugh:

IMG_6101.jpg

This is taking out the old

IMG_6107.jpg

...and in with the new.

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

Back