Scott Horner goes 240mph on the salt

megawatt

Registered
I called up Scott to catch up a bit and wish him well over the holidays and during the conversation he tells me he was on the salt flats last month with the discovery channel. Here is a vid of him going 240mph. He did not know when it will air or what the discovery channel will do with it.

A couple notes...
Small cones are 1/8 mile apart
Gearing was limiting him to only 9500rpm
Salt was not great, actually it was bad for going fast. He could not put down serious power. You can hear him loosing traction over 200mph
13mph cross wind, look at him fly to the right side on last mile. He said he had to hang off the bike to keep control at over 200mph.
Actual mph for the records do not start until the 5th mile. Miles 0-5 is to get up to speed.
Film crew not being use to fast bikes was amazed when he blew by at 90 mph at the start line fishtailing from side to side. He backed up to the dirt and started from there.
He is about 6' and 235lbs and he builds his own turbo systems for busas.
Truely a class act man that I am fortunate to have met.

Those of you that live near Salt Lake City have a top notch busa guru nearby at Heads Up Performance.

Scott is a big guy, and super-nice. I had the pleasure of meeting him several years ago at a SEMA show in Las Vegas. He had a nice Stage II Turbo Busa on display at the time. I thought Heads Up Performance was hardcore into sandrails - had no idea he was doing land speed stuff - you guys out west are lucky to have him available for all your turbo related needs!:beerchug:

Guess it would help if I add the vid. I am not smart enough this morning to embed the video but the linky is below.

- Scott Horner 240 mph Pass[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back