Does this seem legit?

Posser

Registered
09 Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 1300

I've made contact with the seller over the phone, and am heading there tomorrow to view the bike. The plan is to leave post-dated deposit check and come back Monday to get official paperwork completed at dmv before completing the transaction. I've never purchased a used bike from a private seller before, anything to consider or be aware of? Not about the bike but any new types of scams etc that may be out there. Thanks for any input! Cheers :thumbsup:

09 Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 1300

I've made contact with the seller over the phone, and am heading there tomorrow to view the bike. The plan is to leave post-dated deposit check and come back Monday to get official paperwork completed at dmv before completing the transaction. I've never purchased a used bike from a private seller before, anything to consider or be aware of? Not about the bike but any new types of scams etc that may be out there. Thanks for any input! Cheers :thumbsup:

Sounds right, just make sure the title is clear or at least go to the back with the seller to release the lien if the bike is not paid off yet .

Not saying this is a scam but he doesn't own the pink slip. He'll have to pay the bike off first with your money. Then a transfer of paperwork will need to take place after he receives pink from lien holder.

I would go to the bank as Big E stated. See if the bank will call the Lien holder and transfer your funds directly. Then ask the lien holder to transfer the pink to your name.

We don't want you paying off this guys bike and not get the pink in hand! Good luck with the purchase.

I've seen em for around the same price... Kinda stupid how he stated the it was knocked over on BOTH sides. ...Morons.
I think if it's you're 1st bike, you should take off the side fairings or install a cage for 1year. :rulez:

I've seen em for around the same price... Kinda stupid how he stated the it was knocked over on BOTH sides. ...Morons.
I think if it's you're 1st bike, you should take off the side fairings or install a cage for 1year. :rulez:

An honest description of an item is stupid? :wtf: I always considered full disclosuer a good thing?

The seller comes across as a legitimate guy, and phone number lookup matches address (am I paranoid or what?). I'm just running things through my head any and all possibilities of this going wrong. I need any lien paperwork settled as the bike will be imported to Canada following the transaction. Thanks again for the input and suggestions

Ive brought a few bikes/sleds back from the states before. It seems legit but as someone else says, have your bank- contact the lienholder and pay them directly. Then they can fax you a copy of the ownership. Im not exactly sure of any new rules but when I did it, you needed a "recall clearance letter" from the manufacturer(suzuki) saying that any and all recalls have been done and are up to date. I didnt get charged for it, but some guys have. You also need a bill of sale. Now listen closely---dont have him write you a bill for a much lower price. The border, our side, have been real *******s about this. My brother tried it with a $15000 truck, with a bill for 8grand, and they basically held him for 3 hrs threatened tp impound the truck, trailer , and new truck. Then they surfed the internet and actually found the guys old ad for the pickup advertising it at $15000 ! Needless to say, after $1000 bucks in fines and taxes, fees on the full 15000- it did not pay to try and save a couple bucks. Just a warning. Then theres also a $230 RIV fee which covers the cost of the paperwork and the provincial inspection. PM me for more info.

Its easy to do, you just gotta have all your stuff in order beforehand.

Good luck.

Hmm, It scared the h311 out of him but he ran 9.5's. More to the story IMO. Not to mention the flip flop in a driveway. Guess he wanted the bike the same way I like my eggs-over easy!.:rofl:

So this is the one that makes 200hp, never thought id see it:rofl:

Good advice up there, do what they said and you should be good to go

An honest description of an item is stupid? :wtf: I always considered full disclosuer a good thing?

+1 much agreed he couldve posted and never made a mention of the damage at all. Thats the kind of person i would like to deal with when buying anything used....honest from the start.

Sounds not quite right to me. Bike falls over on both sides? Adult ridden with 200hp and a 9.5 quarter? Friend with a loan which cannot be paid? A few red flags right there.

Check out the bike carefully and make sure the paperwork is legit and in order.

Let us know how this goes down.

For me, I would not hand any funds, check, etc.. to anyone other than the lien holder. Take a few witnesses with you too. It's just hard to trust anyone these days, regardless of how honest they seem. Ted Bundy was quite charming!

Anyway, post up pictures when you get it home and/or update to help school us! :thumbsup:

Back