My bike is totaled

itsyasoldier

Registered
So I feel absolutely retarded. The other morning I was pulling the truck up to the house and my foot slipped off the break and hit the gas. My bike was in between the truck and house so I'm sure u can only imagine what happened. Every fairings is damaged in some shape or form. The insurance totaled the bike but I'm thinking I'm going to buy it back and fix it. And use the check frominsurance to pay off the bike and fix it. Does anyone know of a good place to get a full set of fairings for cheap.

Crap, I hate to hear this, but at least you were not on it when you totaled it. How hard did you hit it?

OMG... don't feel too bad... you aren't the only "retarded person" around! :laugh: I did the exact same thing, a few years back! I had bought a GSXR750 (one month old) and was trying out a new car. I had always owned SUVs and this was my first 4 door sedan. So, as I backed it up in the driveway, I stopped a little distance from the bike to make sure that I wouldn't do exactly what i did? I scootched up in my seat to look back (probably should have used the rear view mirror, in retrospect lol) and, in doing such, same thing as you! Foot slipped off the brake and crushed the gas pedal to the floor!! It probably took 30 minutes for my neighbors to stop laughing!! They said it looked just as if I had done it on purpose? They thought I had snapped or something. God I was embarrassed!!!

The funniest part was that I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase the car. the dealership told me to bring it home for the weekend, try it out, drive it around and bring it back on Monday. When I brought it back, I gave him back the keys and said "no thank you." with a demolished back end! :laugh: :laugh:

Wow! Sorry to hear about your bad luck bro. Hope it all works out for you. You'll probably need more than plastics. Be sure to have the bike checked for structural and alignment damage. You don't want to hop on an unsafe bike.

Good luck!

P.

:beerchug:

OEM can be pretty expensive !!

Ain't that the truth! Was looking at around $2500 just for the replacement plastics on my '07. Getting everything from Ebay a piece at a time for pennys on those kind of dollars.
Just avoid the Chinese plastic kits if you can, those always seem like a crap shoot on whether you'll get good ones or not.

I have a few odds & ends off my 08. Just things I replaced on mine. I have front pegs, top tree and bars. Back light and stock exhaust (Just mufflers) PM me if you need any of these things.

WOW, that is a pretty tough story. Good news is you crashed the bike without a scrath to yourself!
I ordered plastics and had to research each piece on Ebay carefully. With experience, I can say you usually get what you pay for there...if it sounds too good to be true, probably is. Better quality from the .oRg, but none were listed when I needed them.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a few odds & ends off my 08. Just things I replaced on mine. I have front pegs, top tree and bars. Back light and stock exhaust (Just mufflers) PM me if you need any of these things.

I have a stock header for sale too

That sucks man, hope your back on a bike soon.
Might wanna lay off the car shopping for a little while, or park your bikes in a bunker. :poke::laugh:

i kinda wish i'd made mine into a fighter to be honest, but she's so pretty now, it's hard to feel bad.

Back