Sold my bike to a Harley guy....sob....

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Yes, she will be gone tomorrow night. I have been weepy about it for two days now. My BF can't understand.." It's just a machine!!". But it's not to me. We have had adventures and travels and met lots of interesting people....together.

We had such a amazing day together that very early morn on the Blue Ridge,riding well before dawn, then having breakfast while the sun slowly came up over the mountains....together

She is in every pic I take when we travel.. PA,VA,WVA,OH, NY, KY,MD and Nova Scotia,Quebec ( blech) all over Ontario, a bunch of other states and provinces that I can't remember....together.

I took her for a last ride yday and the odometer rolled over to 98,999 and I stopped to take a pic. I really wanted to roll her over to 100,000 myself but I guess thats not happening.

Harley guy says that it prolly won't even roll over to 100,000 by the end of next summer........WHAT!! She was made to tour,tour,tour!!!!! She will be bored s**Itless just sitting in the garage.

I put 40,000 k on her each season. Up at four in the morning and loaded up and rolling away to a new adventure. Riding 8,10,12 sometimes 16 hours at a time.

What a champ she is!!! God, I LOVE that bike.

Yes, I have another bike already in the garage, a beautiful 2006 white LE. Very low kilometers on it,so you know she will be getting miled up in no time. But the Le is almost haughty in her white beauty,scornful at having to carry a tent and pink flip-flops. Turning up her long beaky nose at the sight of a bungee cord.

Hardly a mark on it,unlike my 02 that carries the telltale signs of many,many miles of roadgoing excitement.

Please Harley guy, load her up and take her out. When you get to those corners, please lean her over,way over,she will go, willingly,look underneath,see those scrape marks on the lower fairing? That was a fun day!!

Show her a tent, a map and a camp cup and she will be eager to rock n' roll right outa there, trust me. Show her a piker on a Zx or CBR and she will leap and roar,they are just prey to her, another target to be passed in a blur of smudged color.

And no one poses at Timmy's like a busa. No one. We don't need to arrive accompanied by an overly obnoxious exhaust, or glowing lights. We just roll up quietly,regally,and park. Classy.

So Harley guy,please, don't leave her in the garage all summer,just getting a glimpse of the sun every time the door rolls up and down. Just give me a call, I will be happy to saddle her up and take her out for a lovely 12 hour day of riding.

Just like old times.....

( Is this just a chick thing....?)

Errr.... I have an extra bike as well as the 06, a CBR, I am just a big baby,way to sentimental about my lumps of metal. And...well...she was my first busa.

Hey Cobourg, great post. I just bought my first Busa about 6 weeks ago... A '03 with 42k miles from the original owner. Plan on driving across the country next summer from California to Ottawa to see the folks.
By the way... Great Salmon fishing up in your neck of the woods :)

Great story, I got a little lump in the throat. If it will make ya feel any better, I sold my Harley earlier this year and bought my Busa. It brought back a passion for motorcycling again that I thought I had all but lost in the 9 1/2 years of riding the HD.

She may even get a well deserved rest...till he gets used to all thats Busa.

You got me all choked up. I think of Sally sitting in the garage with the battery tender monitoring her heartbeat, waiting patiently for me to come out in my gear with key in hand. We enjoyed some time out together last week. As I speak, the temps are dropping and rain is falling. Should be below freezing in the morning. But still she waits, patient, for me her owner to dance yet again on the roads that call to us. Fear not my dear Sally, Oklahoma weather changes at the drop of a hat, anywhere above freezing is a good day. So I sit here now, on my couch waiting patiently to gear up and go to the garage with key in hand................

LOL, I sometimes roll the bike out of the garage while the water is boiling for my coffee,sit and stare at it out the window while I drink, then roll her back in. Or if its too cold and icy, I will bundle up and sit on the garage stairs instead.

I have the LE angled so when the sun comes through the window,it hits the white and makes a sort of otherwordly glow,it's practically a religious experience!! :laugh:

Shnizzle's new Baby...

SANY1419.jpg

I guess that means that you forgot to include "NO HARLEY RIDERS" when you wrote up your classy ad for your baby?:whistle:

Back