A small word of caution for autumn riding

AJAY

Registered
I've had thankfully very few accidents in 30+ years of street riding. My last spill was about this time of year in 1995 - and I did it pulling into my driveway. My front tire slipped on a pile of damp leaves. Not much damage, except to my ego and some very expensive custom paint on my XLCR-clone Harley Sportster. :banghead:

A little extra caution is a good thing for this time of year.

Sorry to head about that :-(

Good to know. I have had similar experience with a small pile of dirt taking off from a corner, luckily i kept the bike up

One small slip can really hurt, even a less than 5 miles an hour. Ask Busawhipped, he went down in a parking space and when his helmet hit the ground it sounded like a gun shot.

My 1st wreck on a 2006 600 Katana was because of this same thing, about 20 - 30 mph leaned for a small curve and out she came, backroads and the leaves. :banghead: Felt like I hit ice

Echo your warning. Same thing happened to me a few years back. Small tumbles on wet leaves suck.

I got squirley on some that were blowing across a road in a curve few weeks back, that combined with snow flying said ok its time to put her away

Back